Should there be more money put into fishing??

me

NathaN:

Should there be more money put into looking after fishing lakes??

What about rivers, canals, should there be more money put into them? As far as I can see, lake fishing is thriving and river fishing is pretty slack, where I have mainly frequented in the last year. I have turned up to lakes and found not one available swim, but gone to a river and had whole stretches to myself.

Since there seem to be more lake anglers than river anglers then maybe there is a need for more money to be put into lakes to maintain their upkeep due to angling pressure. Which is fine for me, since being selfish I get to experience the untouched rivers in relative tranquility. :D

I wish there was more money put in my pocket, that would be nice!!! :D

Most leisure pusuits in this country are unfortunately underfunded, that is if you discount golf lessons for assylum seekers from the equation!!!

Nathan

who is going to put more money into waters, the EA, the public or anglers?

We pay licence fees to the EA which pays for research and the cleaning up and re stocking of polluted water ways.

The only way the EA can do more is to increase licence fees.

Do you think the general public is going to pay extra taxes towards angling?

It is up to lake / commercial owners or whoever has fishing rights to look after their waters, thats why you pay for day tickets or to join a club.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

quote:

Just about everything could be better with more money spent on it, but where will the money come from?
The government should spend a bit more without raising tax fees. Or the owners could spend more on the lakes. They could put tackle shops exclusive to that fishery and make money on that. That could help! :D

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Nathan - IT is not easy running a fishery, you have an awful lot you have to look after ie. cleaning up after "weekend fishermen", regulating fish stocks etc. I'm no expert, ask one of the AN members that do run waters, but I do know it is not "beer and skittles" and an awful lot of the revenue is ploughed back into the water.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Nathan...

Goverments can't spend more money without raising taxes. The figures don't add up. But you're a youngster who has been exposed to Our Tone since 1997, so you're excused.

More money poured into a fishery doesn't make it better. Being a better angler is more important. Then, once you've got a bit of confidence, you can take on unfashionable waters you've got a hunch about and catch fish nobody else has caught before.

But don't let my negativity stop you from forever challenging what you confront. Keep up that attitude and you'll ctach more than anyoen else, I promise you.

But for heaven's sake stick to fishing. You're already supporting a Man U signee who hasn't even played yet. What happened to poor old Ronaldo?

That's the trouble with today's youth - too fickle. Fish with your own brain and support your local team.

Fenboy