The 'Northern Fish-in' - 27th/28th July

Guest Webbo

Just bringing this up the top again, 'cos this is post70 and you all need 68 (thats 2 back lol) to find the easy click on link for Privacy protected donations!

(Why £20 max Dave? theres millionaires on here!)

Go on Del, You know it makes sense!

Thanks all,

Zip

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting a bit exceited are we zip...it being only 4 months away and all :D

can anyone tell me if there's plenty of small stuff for me to fish for, the odd carp's fine, but a 100lb catfish scares the living daylights out of me :D

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil,

There is plenty of everything of all sizes there. If it's Roach, Rudd or skimmers they are there in abundance. The Carp range from miniscule to 30lb+ with a 33lb'er coming out last season. There is also a good head of Tench that have been caught up to 10.5lb last year and then there are the bream, eels, and whatevers :)

The lake has contained fish for over 130 years so as you can imagine there is plenty of natural, balanced stock of varying sizes including the legendary 100lb Cat plus others.

Stan the owner keeps 'topping the lake up' with fish as and when (personally I think it's to feed the moggie :D ) but I can tell you one thing, the lake has an untapped potential for night-fishing as it hasn't been allowed before and if 'The' Cat comes out in the middle of the night, don't come knocking on my bivvy for a photo or the scales as take it from me, I'll stay asleep roflmao.gif

See you there, Dave

Hi Phil, lol sorry missed your post, but been on hol in Germany (flooded out)!!!1 barbel, 3 Perch and a trout with 2 blanks outta 3 days fishing!.

However, had some nice news from my old pub back down in Suffolk, They,ve already collected £100 on the sponsorship form I left em 2 weeks and 180 miles away!, so I'm glad I still got 4 months to help MacMillans!

CYA at Elvington if not before

Zip

• 1 month later...

up she goes

I'm hoping to bring my F in law with me, he's a none course angler, do you think that there'll be an issue if I'm trying to teach him in my swim???

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil,

All the places are now gone but if he is just paying us a visit and not fishing as such there shouldn't be a problem providing he is sharing your swim with you.

Saying that, Stan may well collar him for an admission 'donation' as has said that he is prepared to stand at his gate and collect donations from anyone who wants to drop in and pay us a visit :)

It's all looking good so far and things are moving on in the right direction.

Just while I'm here if anyone wants to make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Relief as part of this event please Click Here

or if you are a tackle rep or own a shop and want to give an item for the raffle (receipts given) then once again please Click Here

and just incase you missed it, Click Here :D

Thanks in anticipation thumbsup.gif

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

tried elvington for a couple of hours this weekend. (the wife went shopping at york)

nice place, some good fish showed but not for me, however even I didn't blank, so it looks promising for the weekend if I can manage to catch.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

That means that the rest of us will cath a shed load!!! :D:D:D:P

[ 13 May 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Alan Roe ]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan