The 'Northern Fish-in' - 27th/28th July

Guest Webbo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Yesterday I spent an enjoyable morning with Stan and his Granddaughter setting up his PC for him and sorting out his connections to the internet. At 86 he must be AOL's oldest new subscriber :) .

Anyway whilst having a coffee, we got onto the topic of the Fish-In something that Stan (and the rest of us) is very passionate about. Anyway, he has decided that rather than get a catering van on site for the week-end he has donated his daughter's and some of the local women's culinary expertise and is going to turn his lake-facing conservatory into a canteen for us all. With breakfasts, sandwiches and drinks available over the weekend for a modest charge - all profits of which will go to Macmillan :D

On top of that arrangements have been made for a mobile 'Fish n Chip' van to come at tea-time.

All we need now is Tetley's Dray horses to come with a barrel or two - now there's an idea :D

More updates as and when they happen and if you are still undecided whether or not to come, you'd best make your mind up - don't leave it until its too late thumbsup.gif

Dave

Excellent, he really seems a sound bloke.

I gave his details to the client who was wanting to book a lake, having checked with him first. Let's hope he makes a few quid for himself out of that.

really looking forward to this webbo

cheers Phil

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

Pah!!! majorca my foot, you could always borrow a certain 17' rod and come doown and leave the kids and wife to go to spain:D

Are ya kiddin Phil i'll need a good lawyer if i do that mate,erm wonder how much alimony i would pay?nah i would'nt do that to my mrs,on the other hand.

Cheers phil go down to the Fish In and kick some ass.

Still making a few call's about a venue,what dates are you after?

Tight lines to all

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

IS THERE GOING TO BE ANOTHER NORTHERN FISH IN ?

COME ON SAY YESSSSSSSSS.

IT WOULD BE TRIFIC TO PUT FACES TO NAMES,AND TO GET SOME MORE MONEY FOR ZIPPY'S FAVOURITE CHARITY

{THOUGHT I WOULD GET THAT IN TREV}

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE FISH IN

ALAS I WILL BE ON A HOT BEACH

TIGHT LINES TO ALL

JANGAR

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest position on 'The Northern Fish-in'

To-date we have taken 40 full weekend bookings and have 2 pending which brings the total to 42, plus one 1 day'er, so we have now stopped taking further bookings for the full weekend, however there are a few single day tickets left.

Most cheques have been received and the tickets have been sent out; there are a few still to come in so can those people please send them asap in order to maintain their place. (We'll also send you an e-mail to remind you :) )

Any forms received in the last couple of days have been taken into account, so no worries there.

If anyone is interested in either the Saturday or the Sunday can they send Stu an e-mail (mailto:Stu@maggotdrowning.comStu@maggotdrowning.com) and let him know, he will then be able to inform you as to what is left.

The plans for the weekend are now well under way and we are aiming to make it one to remember but just incase you've missed out and still want to be able to be a part of it - you can......

Dig deep into your pockets and send us a donation :D By CLICKING HERE you can, and don't forget, it all goes to Macmillan Cancer Relief no matter how large or small the amount thumbsup.gif

Further details of the event will be posted shortly,

Many thanks, Dave

I've still got to send my cheque off :rolleyes:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.