If you had a Tardis

Rusty

dazzlers_close.jpg

Steve , thank you for this picture. I know it may seem silly but my dad is recovering in hospital from a double leg by-pass op and whilst i don't have any of these floats anymore , it has bought back some wonderful memories of us fishing together from a good few years back. The term 'Bobby Dazzler' is now synonomous with our fishing talk and is used to describe any item of tackle that tends to be of comedic value OR highly successful !!!

I guess that being quite emotional at this point in time whilst waiting on his recovery/rehab has made this picture even more poignant to me than most old fishy pics.

Thanks again . It has made me smile a lot :)

Edited by nomadpaul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey it's a TARDIS, it goes bacwards and forwards

Nope it's malfunctioned again, one return trip.....backwards only. Anyway if you went forwards what would you buy?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nope it's malfunctioned again, one return trip.....backwards only. Anyway if you went forwards what would you buy?

I'd want to see if my multiplier design worked out.....oh, and the new lever drag 'pin I've just sketched out :sun:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

If it went forward I'd be quite keen to know if it's worth going bream fishing any more this year ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anyway if you went forwards what would you buy?

I suspect that the next revolution in both rods and lines is going to involve carbon nanotubes so a new rod and bunch of line would be on the shopping list. It'd also be worth seeing where high end reels equivelent to the Stella end up - Titanium perhaps.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If it went forward I'd be quite keen to know if it's worth going bream fishing any more this year ;)

It would be nice to be able to use a boat and float fish for them like John Wilson did in one of his programmes on a secret gravel pit lol. He use the slider and had an exceptional mornings bream fishing....have you not seen the dvd Anderoo ?

It would be nice to be able to use a boat and float fish for them like John Wilson did in one of his programmes on a secret gravel pit lol. He use the slider and had an exceptional mornings bream fishing....have you not seen the dvd Anderoo ?

I have, it's on youtube too - amazing! There are several swims where this could be done from the bank, and in fact Glyn had one of 15lb+ float fishing in the margins.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have, it's on youtube too - amazing! There are several swims where this could be done from the bank, and in fact Glyn had one of 15lb+ float fishing in the margins.

I picked up a book today at a boot sale called BEEKAY'S SUCCESSFUL ANGLING series BREAM by Derek Quirk. It seems to have some very interesting info on SB's and fishing for them in gravel pits etc. Since your on the SB quest I think you would enjoy it. Steve Burke may well have or be able to get hold of a copy or if not they sometimes come up on ebay, there only cheap but very good.

There's a series of them on various fish.