Violence

You can't blame the schools when a complete lack of discipline by the parents makes a teacher's job almost impossible.

I didn't say the schools were to blame, but there is a lack of discipline in schools (because the little hooligans are now untouchable).

Edited by ayjay

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concern about the violence of children's games is nothing new. Our primary school headmaster tried his best to stop us playing war in the schoolyard.

I think pointing the finger at toy guns or video games or "video nasties" misses the point. Too easy. These are dysfunctional young men with problems a lot deeper than too much playstation. The imported urban subculture which glorifies criminality might be a bit closer to the bone, but still peripheral, I think; there have been plenty of other excuses for violent tribalism based in music or sport, whether football violence, punks, skinheads, mods, teddy boys, whatever.

I think you have to ask why they have no respect for others or fear of the consequences of their actions. The violence is a symptom of something bleaker, IMO.

Concern about the violence of children's games is nothing new. Our primary school headmaster tried his best to stop us playing war in the schoolyard.

I think pointing the finger at toy guns or video games or "video nasties" misses the point. Too easy. These are dysfunctional young men with problems a lot deeper than too much playstation. The imported urban subculture which glorifies criminality might be a bit closer to the bone, but still peripheral, I think; there have been plenty of other excuses for violent tribalism based in music or sport, whether football violence, punks, skinheads, mods, teddy boys, whatever.

I think you have to ask why they have no respect for others or fear of the consequences of their actions. The violence is a symptom of something bleaker, IMO.

I think all the media type violence makes the physical act much more acceptable, there is a big difference to a crowd of boys playing cowboys and Indians or acting out some sort of war game, to the culture on a vast number of these games.

You take the old westerns, guy gets shot takes ten minutes to die not a lot of blood.

Today gun goes off blood and snot every where end of story, very real, in a lot of cases far to real and do we really need it????

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

You take the old westerns, guy gets shot takes ten minutes to die not a lot of blood.

Today gun goes off blood and snot every where end of story, very real, in a lot of cases far to real and do we really need it????

In my opinion if your going to portray violence in games and on telly it is sensible to portray it in a realistic manner including showing the emotional effects and trauma it causes and all the other unglamouress unpleasentness that goes with it rather than to show it in an unrealistic and basically cartoon manner that leaves people thinking that acts of violence have very little effect or consequence.

In my opinion if your going to portray violence in games and on telly it is sensible to portray it in a realistic manner including showing the emotional effects and trauma it causes and all the other unglamouress unpleasentness that goes with it rather than to show it in an unrealistic and basically cartoon manner that leaves people thinking that acts of violence have very little effect or consequence.

Im not sure!

A lot of the young poeple getting involved in this type of violence, would be recording Happy slappings and the misary they create , plus swapping phone vids of young Russian soldiers having thier throats cut in Chechniya, A lot of the violence that we are seeing is almost sociapathic in its nature.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Yeah, snakey is right. You see horrendous fights on TV and in movies and you see guys getting up and continuing however much of a beating they take. That doesn't happen in real life. Big fights hurt. They hurt both combatants. You do not walk away from big hits, the full effect might not be felt while the adrenaline is flowing but believe me, few people would get up from some of the punishment they receive in those filmed fights. I tend to think that because of what they see on TV and the movies, kids tend to think that the human body is far more resiliant than it really is and they think that they can kick the crap out of someone without really hurting them. The reality of suddenly finding themselves on a murder charge is a big wake up call. Having survived three mugging attempts I do know what I am talking about and I am happy to say that I educated the three who never realised what things like that are all about.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

so john wayne sent teenagers into bare knuckle fights by the thousands?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

so john wayne sent teenagers into bare knuckle fights by the thousands?

I doubt if many people were taken in by that ham.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I think pointing the finger at toy guns

Wasn't pointing the finger what you did if you couldn't *afford* a toy gun?

I doubt if many people were taken in by that ham.

i think probably they were ,seeing the awfull visual effects of even later films (the dam busters for one) anyone that applauded at the end should be locked up :D

ask persons if a game is real 99% will tell you its a game ,the other 1% are loose cannons even if they play hide and seek

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson