My 'New' Car

Elton

Welcome back Liam and hope to be seeing more of you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Crikey, Liam. Where have you been hiding? :)

Those scooters look fun! You see a few of them, and variations, at the custom car shows.

Don't suppose you've still got a Chopper pushbike knocking around? Sticking a motor on that would be fun :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Glad to see that there are a few people on here who 'get' the whole rod thing :)

Of course there are, I went a bit more traditional though with a very large (455ci) pushrod engine and the original Rochester Quadrajet.

Pontiacpic.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That's a monster of an engine!!! You still running the car?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

That car looks neat, Steve. I'll have a proper look when I'm on a PC later. Too much effort to read it all on my phone :D

I noticed a new member with 'ratrod' in his username today. Looks like we'll have a subdivision of Anglers' Net soon :)

You still running the car?

No sadly, it was a phase I went through about 15 years back. I owned the car for a couple of years and just enjoyed driving and tinkering, never really got into the show scene. I took it to Devon (from Kent) once to see my folks and deliberately kept at 60mph on the motorways to see how good it could be on fuel, 19mpg and that was the best I ever saw. Usually I was lucky to see more than 12 but I suppose seven and a half litres is never going to impress the greenies. Good at smoking tyres though :D

Keep us posted about yours Elton, I'm looking forward to see how you get on with it.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

No sadly, it was a phase I went through about 15 years back. I owned the car for a couple of years and just enjoyed driving and tinkering, never really got into the show scene. I took it to Devon (from Kent) once to see my folks and deliberately kept at 60mph on the motorways to see how good it could be on fuel, 19mpg and that was the best I ever saw. Usually I was lucky to see more than 12 but I suppose seven and a half litres is never going to impress the greenies. Good at smoking tyres though :D

Keep us posted about yours Elton, I'm looking forward to see how you get on with it.

Will do. Plan is to drive it, for another month or so, at every opportunity. Then, over the winter, my workshop should be up and I can do a few bits to it to make it 'mine'.

Talking of smoking tyres, I took a few photos of this car at the Nats a coup,e of weeks ago covered in rubber. Now I know how it got there... :)

Youtube Video ->