Woo-Hoo! PB PERCH!

arbocop

I had a great afternoon today. i wa supposed to be oop North visiting parents, but my son was ill and that ruled it out. I therfore had the afternoon to myself.

Popped down the Knnet from 2-6.30 and had a bag of dace up to 8oz, 2 trout, 1 grayling, 2 chublets, gudgeon, roach, and several perch including this beastie at 3lb 4oz - a PB! Caught by stret-pegging a lob. Beats the previous best by over 10oz!

DSCF2469.jpg

What an afternoon.

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your son soon gets well...however a real stroke of luck...maybe next time you could paint spots on the lad

Great brilliant fish well done...keep it up

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Cracking fish. Nice one!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well done - must get my perch head on soon. Took the hound for a loooooong walk along the towpath yesterday sussing out some new swims for my soon to be launched autumn campaign!!! :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I hope your son soon gets well...however a real stroke of luck...maybe next time you could paint spots on the lad

Great brilliant fish well done...keep it up

He will, he's 23 months old, temperatures and vomiting are almost normal! He's much better today.

My lovely missus goes out today and I stay in with him. Pity really, I've got loads of lobs and a 2pints of red maggots!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

He will, he's 23 months old, temperatures and vomiting are almost normal! He's much better today.

My lovely missus goes out today and I stay in with him. Pity really, I've got loads of lobs and a 2pints of red maggots!

Mike

How about taking him fishing perhaps the fresh air will help...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

WTG Mike :thumbs:

I hope the lad gets better soon too :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Fantastic, well done, and just look at those colours!! Oh and I do believe that rod is a Youngs? If it the Avon I would very mush appreciate your view on it, I am in the market for another Avon and was considering the Youngs.

Thanks

I've no experience of the Avon, but based on this rod I might. The one in the photo is the 13ft specimen. I love it, it's my main rod most of the time. I've had it the last 4 years since being burgled and losing the rod I had owned since I was 15, and taking up coarse fishing again around the same time. I was principally a fly anglers for many years.

I wouldn't say it's the best rod - and I've heard of the handle failing on the screw clamp reel fitting - but I picked mine up for £85 new, and for that money it's a steal. I wouldn't pay the list price - £189 - for one. I do bump small fish off quite often though, particularly when using braid, but when I get a chub, barbel or perch - or even a 13lb pike - I realise it's worth. I tried to buy a Harrison GTI last year in an attempt to overcome the bumping, but my order went awry and I decided to stick with this.

The fish looked uncaught and went like stink.. I admired the colours too - it was a beautiful fish. It doesn't look 3lb+ on the photo, but it was fat and when I landed it I thought it might be a 4! I caught it here but when the clouds came over. DSCF2466.jpg

Edited by arbocop