Hooray!

Peter Waller

Great news.

That's half the job done, now it's up to the courts to do their job.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It is good to see that action is being taken however upon reading the article I spotted this line

"The maximum punishment that can be awarded for these offences is three months imprisonment and or a fine."

Not really that scary is it? I mean if they are awarded a full 3 months in jail I am sure they would be out within 4 weeks - All of the time they would be fed and sheltered all paid for by the taxpayer!

We need to be much tougher over here! 3 of these guys were russian! From what I saw in the Champions league final the Russians dont appear to be a anation that take breaking the law lightly! Perhaps we could learn something?

I've just checked the Guardian and have been reasured that there's never been a single incident of Eastern Europeans illegally fishing or stealing fish from a British water and that all the so called stories that are going around are nothing but nasty racist propaganda - so that's alright then.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I've just checked the Guardian and have been reasured that there's never been a single incident of Eastern Europeans illegally fishing or stealing fish from a British water and that all the so called stories that are going around are nothing but nasty racist propaganda - so that's alright then.

Yeh Ken not like the Daily Mail that really tells the truth!!!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

It is good to see that action is being taken however upon reading the article I spotted this line

"The maximum punishment that can be awarded for these offences is three months imprisonment and or a fine."

Not really that scary is it? I mean if they are awarded a full 3 months in jail I am sure they would be out within 4 weeks - All of the time they would be fed and sheltered all paid for by the taxpayer!

I would have thought the CPS could also use the Theft Act. If it wanted to <_<

The Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Act 1975 – Fish Poaching

The main offences are to fish for or take salmon, sea trout or any freshwater fish:

* without a rod licence.

* by an unauthorised means.

* in the close season.

* by a prohibited method, e.g. set line, gaff, snare, explosive, poison or electrical device.

* introduce fish to inland waters without permission.

N.B. Fishery bye-laws may also apply.

Theft Act 1968 – Unlawful Taking or Destruction of Fish

It is an offence to take or destroy – or attempt to do so – any fish in water which is private property or in which there is a private right of fishery. This includes all species of fish. Any person may arrest someone found committing the offence if they are fishing by any method at night or by any other method than rod and line during the daytime. Items used for taking or destroying fish can be seized. The police have separate powers of arrest, etc.

Pick a paper, pick a version of the "truth"

Anyone can have the truth that appeals to them, now that's what I call a democracy ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/