How Many Years?

Elton

Started in 1967, aged 4, on local farm ponds with my 10 year old brother. Early teenage years

were spent after tench, then turned to matchfishing and pike. Became pike only about 1983.

Suffered a slight lay-off between 1986 and 1991 due to women and fast motor bikes, then came to my senses again. Due to being a weekend dad my fishing is now mainly evenings after work. However, my 6year old daughter is now showing an interest, so I am now also rediscovering the pleasures of small fish of any species.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started when i was eight on the ribble (wish it was still as good as back then)so that makes 22 years.Spent all of last season teaching my two lads who are 9& 10,to fish the waggler and stickfloat hardest season of my life!

Started in a small farm (Charlie Searle's)pond in Dry Drayton (Cambridgeshire village) when I was 7 years old. Appart from a couple of short (teenage) lapses that gives me 34 years experience on the bank. Bugger, now I do start to feel old.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Started with a steel ariel type rod and a "reel" that was diesigned to hold line and nothing else....i was 5. Caught nothing, went again with a non fishing friend....caught nothing....went with my none fishing dad...caught a minnow.I've been hooked ever since, that was 16 years ago. I had a few years of low activity when at Uni, but never really stopped...can't live without it now and love to bring others into it.

Sorry had to edit, just noticed that I said 16 years ago....which would make me 21....excellent!!!!!!!!! :D

unfortunatly I'm 31, make that 26 years..doesn't sound so good now :( nearly 27...OH god I'm getting old

[ 11 June 2002, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: phil dean ]

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY