Wingham Fish-In May 24/25/26th

Steve Burke

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingham is about 10 mins off the A2 dual carriageway. It's just over an hour to this turn off from the Dartford Crossing.

Full directions and rules will be going out later today to all who are coming.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi Steve,

I didn't specify in my e-mail to you, but I fancy the Carp and Tench.

Any chance of some bait/approach pointers? (groundbait or spodding, a bed of bait or single hookbaits, etc)

Will I need a pod or will bank sticks work?

About half the swims are grassy banks with plenty of room for bivvies; the other half (mainly on the near side of the lake) are platform swims. Pods aren't necessary except on 1 platform swim if you've got extending banksticks.

The Coarse Lake is so seldom fished for carp that no pattern has emerged. It'll be interesting to see what works and what doesn't.

The tench come mainly from the margins, shallow on warm days, deeper when it's cold. Peak feeding time is about an hour after sunrise to breakfast time. However, the odd big fish especially can come at any time, particularly if the light levels are low. There's also often a secondary feeding spell at dusk.

I can't stress enough that finding the hot spots in the swim is the key at Wingham. Many of the swims are packed with bars and humps etc. So exploring the swim with a plummet is a must. There's no much natural food that it's hard to get the fish to move to a spot off their patrol routes. At this time of year most of the fish are likely to come from the bottom of bars and humps.

The only area where match tactics might draw in fish is the SW end of the pit as this contains fewer features. However, I'd still recommend fishing one rod at the bottom of the marginal slope - that is if you keep quiet and still. The fish are not used to anglers and are easily spooked. So do keep well back from the edge of the water.

I'll be giving my mobile number to those of you who are coming. If you phone me on arrival I can suggest where to fish and point out hotspots in your chosen swim.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I have been a member of Wingham for a good few years now...... Highly reccommend it........

If you get a chance like this - to fish a place like Wingham - grab it.....

A wonderful place, with a chance of a memorable fish or two !!!!!

Enjoy the weekend to all those that are attending.

Regards

Stalker

One more tip, especially for the carp anglers. Last year a member struggled - until he switched to pop-ups, when he immediately caught 3 carp very quickly.

We'd been out in the boat and found that even the tops of bars were covered in a couple of inches of thin weed. I was out again this week and the weed is just beginning to appear, so pop-ups are almost certainly worth a try.

Steve,

Have you seen the weather forecast for this weekend?

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've seen it & all ready told Liam I can see myself doing a 'Mary Poppins' trying to get the bivvy up

I think it's going to be a case of 'batten down the hatches'

But then we are all hardened anglers, are we not??? :confused:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!