Wingham Fish-In 2011 dates

Steve Burke

Those geese... I haven't told you this story yet, but on my last bream session of the year (in rather excellent conditions :rolleyes: ) I made it into darkness with no naughty tench messing anything up, and everything was looking really good. A few hours into dark I had a tiny lift on one rod, and shortly after that about a hundred ****** geese came honking and flapping down the lake, and all landed right over my baited spot, making a hell of a racket! One rod gave a single beep, and on another I had a huge lift of the swinger as fish exited the swim sharpish <_<

The water was only 8ft deep there and crystal clear, and the bream (if it was bream, and I think it was) were clearly already nervous and making their minds up whether to have a little mouthful or not before the invasion.

Bugger :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, I've booked mine - a week either side in Kent.

All I need now is someone with half a brain to say 'yes' - but there's the great impronderable!"

Well, my friends, religious or not, there is a God.....

I have been given from 16 -24th of May 2011 as holiday... pencil me in in indelible ink please, Sir Steve!

(Or is that too much of a contradiction?)

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

... pencil me in in indelible ink please, Sir Steve!

(Or is that too much of a contradiction?)

Done! :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Agreed, Andrew.

We're lucky that we've got a number of really excellent anglers on this Forum, and Richard and you are typical of the younger ones amongst them.

I'd bet on one of you, Alex or Ken being the captor of the next UK record bream. However it could be any of the members such is the depth of talent in the syndicate.

Or of course it could be a guest on one of the Forum Fish-Ins....... :)

Keeps jumping up that UK record Steve. 21.5lb now i think and may well have been helped to that weight with a lot of carp feed.

Your still confident then Steve?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Keeps jumping up that UK record Steve. 21.5lb now i think and may well have been helped to that weight with a lot of carp feed.

Your still confident then Steve?

Yes, but not as much as I was. It's likely that Wingham holds bream of that size as we had one of 17-14 in 2004 at just 11 years of age. The problem is catching it or its siblings as there's very few anglers fishing Wingham. Having said that I will be going ahead with my plans to increase the membership over the next few years.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I think a fish-in guest has a genuinely good chance of the record bream. I bet it comes to someone in an overlooked bit of water doing something out of the ordinary. It may well even be the only bite they get for 3 days...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes, but not as much as I was. It's likely that Wingham holds bream of that size as we had one of 17-14 in 2004 at just 11 years of age. The problem is catching it or its siblings as there's very few anglers fishing Wingham. Having said that I will be going ahead with my plans to increase the membership over the next few years.

That's some growth rate that Steve.

I think a fish-in guest has a genuinely good chance of the record bream. I bet it comes to someone in an overlooked bit of water doing something out of the ordinary. It may well even be the only bite they get for 3 days...

No i reckon Vagabond will nail it while looking for weird new species up a connected ditch with a grasshopper as bait. :)

I am going to have to put my name down for next year. I was so jealous when I heard about the last visit everyone had. Having driven down to westbury recently I am not in the least bit bothered about the journey. I didnt put my name down for the other trip because I thought it would take forever to get there. Having not been before I am very much looking forward to breaking a few pb's if I can find some fish. Would love to capture a big pred or a large tench.

Plus I will get to meet many of the people I have been talking to for months over the net and hopefully pick their brains for all their knowledge ;)

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I'm at home sick with a nasty cold, going through some old photos. I just came across this one, which was the sum total of my efforts at the 2007 fish-in, while that bounder Capper hauled next door:

DSCF0088.jpg

B)