It's been asked before but...who's out THIS weekend

Rusty

Vagabond i could have lived without knowing that

Cheer up Steve, we had about six inches of snow last night, neither the buses nor the trains are running, and all the taxi firms say the drivers can't get into work because of blocked roads.

So it doesn't look as if we are going anywhere soon. :angry::angry::angry:

So it looks like we can't get to Paris in time to get tomorrow's plane, the next one isn't until Sunday, and the one after that next Tuesday

Only 4WDs are moving in Crowborough today.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave re: "So it looks like we can't get to Paris in time to get tomorrow's plane"

I believe the Eurostar is running, if you can get to Ashford that is.

Good luck ,I hope you make it it is grim when your long planned trip is cancelled.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I believe the Eurostar is running, if you can get to Ashford that is.

Thanks for the thought Tony - had already considered that.

The main problem is in the immediate area around the High Weald and the Central Weald. - nothing much coming into or out of the Ashdown Forest area. Getting ANYWHERE local by transportis at the moment impossible.

Just been looking at the web-cam for J10 on the M25. That is clear - but its 20-odd miles away.

We are trying to reschedule to travel to Paris Saturday and fly Sunday

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I am going to take the weekend off this weekend in favour of walking a stretch of river and figuring out some new swims and tactics for the colder weather. Maybe look for some very chub like spots. Might even take the other half as I wont be fishing. She loves to go for walks.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Cheer up Steve, we had about six inches of snow last night, neither the buses nor the trains are running, and all the taxi firms say the drivers can't get into work because of blocked roads.

So it doesn't look as if we are going anywhere soon. :angry::angry::angry:

So it looks like we can't get to Paris in time to get tomorrow's plane, the next one isn't until Sunday, and the one after that next Tuesday

Only 4WDs are moving in Crowborough today.

Vagabond hope you manage to get something sorted as not getting away on a holiday/break/fishing is a nightmare ,You need a fairy godmother to appear in a 4x4...... say oh? i don`t know black Range Rover with tinted windows B):lol: .

We need you to get away ok as your write ups/photos of your expliots are most excellent Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I am going to take the weekend off this weekend in favour of walking a stretch of river and figuring out some new swims and tactics for the colder weather. Maybe look for some very chub like spots. Might even take the other half as I wont be fishing. She loves to go for walks.

....yes I'm sure she'll find this walk of your very romantic when you produce a bag of loosefeed from your pocket.

"I thought we were going for a walk? I knew this was too good to be true!"

"But..but...but...babe?"

...and then you get no dinner and sleep on the couch.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

....yes I'm sure she'll find this walk of your very romantic when you produce a bag of loosefeed from your pocket.

"I thought we were going for a walk? I knew this was too good to be true!"

"But..but...but...babe?"

...and then you get no dinner and sleep on the couch.

lol. Im sure she would understand. She has always been ok with me disappearing for hours on end. As long as I come back stinking of fishing gear and not cheap perfume she doesnt mind :D . I would just have to wait until her back is turned and throw a handful in. We can never go for walks near water without me saying 'I bet there are fish in that area right there' and other classic angling obsessed phrases. She usually just repsonds with 'you and your bloody fishing'.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Ah yes, the old, "I'm sure she would understand. As long as.....she doesn't mind" line.

I can assure you mate. She minds.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Yup I'm in. You bring the smelly paste and I'll bring the mobile staff restaurant, so that'll be 30 sausages for you, me, matt and robbie. We'll chip in for the bait ingredients. I was thinking pre-baiting a few swims and then rotating them with a quivertip, with three of us we should be able to cover quite a bit of water.

9'ish do you think? Let's see if we can tempt something.

Want me to bring some bacon too?

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Want me to bring some bacon too?

Nah bacon is a crap bait in the cold seriously you are better off with your paste :roll1: Yep bacon would be a most excellent addition to the brunch B) Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: