NHS TO BE NO MORE

big_cod

To be honest Paul I couldn't care less who wins what at which election. The country is ruled by Civil Servants anyway so the whole idea of democracy is a sham.

What I am concerned about is the state of the NHS. It cannot continue as it is.

My 84 year old father in law is in hospital at the moment, with a broken hip. He had surgery one week ago today. Since then he has had some medical complications that have kept him pretty much in bed.

In one week he has not had a bed bath :angry:

(When I was a charge nurse any patient who could not get up to the bathroom had a bed bath every day. Basic Nursing Care)

In one week he has not had his pressure areas checked. :angry:

(Our patients had their pressure areas checked and treated every 4-6 hours)

In one week he has been to the toilet once. :angry:

(He has been on Morphine which has the side effect of causing severe constipation. Did anybody think to check? )

I had to telephone the ward from France to tell them that his leg was swollen because they hadn't noticed.

(He has been on anti-coagulant therapy for years so is more likely to bleed. His leg was swollen because he was bleeding. After I told them they did a blood test and found that he was seriously anaemic due to blood loss, to the point where he received two pints of blood by transfusion. Did anyone wonder if a patient on anti-coagulants might have a bleeding problem? Obviously not. Had he had any nursing care at all they would have noticed his swollen leg. Who knows, maybe someone might have wondered why <_< )

Now you may say that this is just down to that particular ward / hospital. Well having been on the receiving end of NHS care myself in the last few years I can tell you that it is pretty typical of the third world health care currently being delivered by the most costly health care system in the world. (By the way, the hospital in question has just had a 150 million pound upgrade and is not currently short of staff, in any dept.)

It doesn't need trimming it needs a drastic overhaul.

Now you can score points playing your party politics but in the meantime your precious NHS is going rapidly down the pan.

I don't care who fixes it, NuLab had plenty of time to try but failed miserably and left it much worse that when they took it over.

Whoever does something they need to do it soon.

I have great sympathy for your father inlaw it does depend which hospital you are being treated at but not all hospitals are like that we have 2 hospitals within a 25 mile radious 1 is great the other is bad its managment that wants adressing giveing out to privatization wont solve what you are saying it will probably make things worse .

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul

I am in touch with people who work within the healthcare industry every day and I hear similar stories from all over the country, so I don't think it is just this hospital.

I also don't think that it has much to do with party politics. Both sides keep throwing money at the problems with no noticeable effect.

I despise the labour party about as much as you despise the Tories. The difference is that I also despise the Tories, the Lib Dems and anyone else who puts themselves up for election, They are all a bunch of lying thieving scum, it goes with the job. They should not be allowed anywhere near the NHS, but it is such an opportunity to score points off each other they will continue to use it as a political football and it will continue to decline until someone outside politics is given the authority to do something about it, and that will never happen.

Good luck

Dave

from France, where the healthcare is on a different level B)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have great sympathy for your father inlaw it does depend which hospital you are being treated at but not all hospitals are like that we have 2 hospitals within a 25 mile radious 1 is great the other is bad its managment that wants adressing giveing out to privatization wont solve what you are saying it will probably make things worse .

paul.

I'm struggling here, i must have a bit of word blindness, in the latest from the tory camp i can't see one word that decribes privitisation or the other word, dismantaling.

Perhaps someone can interpert for me. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12981370

Now i think it may just be refering to getting rid of some middle management chaff? And targeting the resourse back to where it is required?

So regards to bad management i think i am agreeing with you, cut it out, then it's sorted. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I'm struggling here, i must have a bit of word blindness, in the latest from the tory camp i can't see one word that decribes privitisation or the other word, dismantaling.

Perhaps someone can interpert for me. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12981370

Now i think it may just be refering to getting rid of some middle management chaff? And targeting the resourse back to where it is required?

So regards to bad management i think i am agreeing with you, cut it out, then it's sorted. :)

Barry its privateization through the back door private companies cherry picking the best bits and the tax payer with the rest now that makes sense its a bit like the great giveaway of the 80ss BT , was a corker the friends of this goverment are to benefit greatly and if i am not mistaken they gave to the tory party through the back door before the election you scartch my back and will scratch yours where there is money involved anythings possible even lord tebbit said its a sham . ;)

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Paul

The fact is that David Cameron and Nick Clegg didn't sit down and work all of this out. It was all done by unelected Civil Servants who carry on whoever is in power. This scheme, or some form of it, probably with a different title, would have ben introduced whoever won the last election. Political parties come and go but the unelected government just keeps rolling along.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

up the revolution.....

me thinks i'm going to start working to rule ......will try to ensure I take my hours dinner break each day....

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Good Evening Sir Barry, :)

Funnily enough Barry I often thought you might be 'a scrote'. Nice of you to admit it though. :P

Regards

'The Brain' a.k.a 'H'. :D

Ear, i've just seen this, give us your addy herc and i'll come and have a chat. :boxing:

:lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

NHS leaflet mixes past and present

The government is using old statistics to make misleading claims about the need for change

The government's claims about saving the lives of cancer patients are based on old figures that do not support its case.

HM Government has issued a new leaflet to justify its NHS reforms: Working Together for a Stronger NHS. It was produced by No 10, appears on the Department of Health website, and many of the figures it contains are misleading, out of date or flatly incorrect............

Full report

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci