A no take zone?

barry luxton

To be honest I don,t give a toss about the plight of our Commerical fishing fleet most of are fish is bought from aboard the only concession Iwill make is I,d rather a British boat than a foreign one fish around our coastline.

Worms pionts out that returning fish by us Bass/Mullet huggers is cruelty , tiring them out before returning them just plain cruel, does this apply to Carp fishermen or Barbel fishermen or Match anglers coarse fish don,t feel pain like seafish ?

As I understand it no take zones will mostly be Estuarys can,t wait the sooner the better, then us Bass/Mu;llet huggers will sleep more soundly at night and not have to worry about some **** with a gillnet riuning our fishing.

Quorn Burgers anyone :P

One things for certain you will have plenty of time to sleep because if those estuary’s do become a NTZ then you certainly wont be angling in them and if there intertidal you wont even be able to walk your dog on them unless it has a lead on in case it takes anything. No bait digging, nothing. You could even be stopped from steaming through the said area because of noise pollution. Be very careful what you whish for.

Flapper.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don,t give a toss about the plight of our Commerical fishing fleet most of are fish is bought from aboard the only concession Iwill make is I,d rather a British boat than a foreign one fish around our coastline.

Worms pionts out that returning fish by us Bass/Mullet huggers is cruelty , tiring them out before returning them just plain cruel, does this apply to Carp fishermen or Barbel fishermen or Match anglers coarse fish don,t feel pain like seafish ?

As I understand it no take zones will mostly be Estuarys can,t wait the sooner the better, then us Bass/Mu;llet huggers will sleep more soundly at night and not have to worry about some **** with a gillnet riuning our fishing.

Quorn Burgers anyone :P

Dear oh dear, got any evidence of the gill net fishing decimation or is this all in a pipe dream, just like the decimated bream stocks around kingmeare. Is there also a shortage of mullet? Ere, your not one of those who clapped when the perceived decimation of the stock at christchurch harbour was dealt with are you. If so, Try weymouth harbour, free unrestricted, massive shoals and you can take some for the pot if you choose, without restriction or looking over your shoulder. If you have no realistic reply, take up golf caddying or something that you don't have to concern yourself about the stresses and strains of the fish or the stocks, or even someone with a net.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Already fish a no take Zone , Christchurch Harbour and it seems to work perfecly okay, I know a few semi commerical Bass anglers don,t like it and some anglers do like to take the odd fish for the pot won,t renew there season tickets but I,m sure we can get along with out them there are plenty more spots for them to fish.If Christchurch Harbour is the model for No take Zones then bring it on is what I say.

Having Dogs on leads should be the norm, they should not be of the lead in a public area , sick and tired of Dogs eating my groundbait or swimming in front of me and the owner having no control over it,s aminal.Don,t have a boat so steaming won,t be a problem use Bread for bait so won,t be baitdigging

Edited by 76jerry

Already fish a no take Zone , Christchurch Harbour and it seems to work perfecly okay, I know a few semi commerical Bass anglers don,t like it and some anglers do like to take the odd fish for the pot won,t renew there season tickets but I,m sure we can get along with out them there are plenty more spots for them to fish.If Christchurch Harbour is the model for No take Zones then bring it on is what I say.

Having Dogs on leads should be the norm, they should not be of the lead in a public area , sick and tired of Dogs eating my groundbait or swimming in front of me and the owner having no control over it,s aminal.Don,t have a boat so steaming won,t be a problem use Bread for bait so won,t be baitdigging

With regards to your secular, limited, restricted, expensive, errr management for managements sake errrrr fishing that you appear to errr enjoy, your arguments, discussions regarding the wider rsa scene are of an irrelevance, and of no consequence then. Away you go, ask the mullet club/trust if they can help you in your issue regarding all them horrible dogs running around causing havok to your errrr fishing, must be a licence, registration or something they can sort out for you.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

With all due respect you seem to be one very selfish person.

Tight lines Bob

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

You see this is whats wrong with angling just now

The " fook you I'm all right Jack " attitude that exists among certain types os species hunter is whats dividing angling and providing sucour to the anti's

Attitudes like "I'm all right jack" stem from the failed BMP ( Bass Management Plan) where members of the National Mullet Club and BASS were quite prepared to sacrifice certain rights and certain parts of OTHER anglers pastimes and accept restrictions on THEIR (the other anglers) access and restrictions on what they ould and could'nt do in order to promote the BMP

Thankfully there were enough anglers who saw through those proposals for what they were and spoke out against them and there were others who realised that what was on offer was a poisoned chalice and also spoke out against it

Unfortunatly some of those people and some of those attitudes have'nt gone away and there are some who would have impositions placed on the mass's in order to secure their minority interests

And then we have the AT, god help us

Anglers need to see the bigger picture for ALL of the various aspects of our sport and we should'nt be accepting of or encouraging restrictions on ANYONE's pastime but unfortunatly self preservation or ignorance seems to be the way some groups are heading and that puts them in direct conflict with the vast majority of anglers who just want to be left alone to enjoy doing what they've done for years without interference from anyone

Theres an old saying, divide and conquer, but really as anglers we should'nt be doing it to other fellow anglers and we should'nt be encouraging other groups to do it to different species anglers either

If you check any of my other posts on the subject (hundreds) you'll see that I'm a lot more sympathetic to bass/mullet huggers than I am to species coarse anglers. You obviously missed the tongue in cheek comment as well.

I also eat coarse fish. Unfortunately the selfish attitude of the single species (carp mainly) angler has just got that banned. Do you honestly think that supporting catch and release is going to make angling look better to the antis?.....you do it for fun and not for food! If you think there aren't enough fish in the sea then perhaps you need to up your game. If you just do it for fun why not take up commercial pond carp fishing?

I don't advocate taking every fish, just read the posts before that attitude gets pushed into the 'psyche' and licensing and c+r becomes compulsory.

Anyway, came back from a good trip on saturday with about 20lb of conger steaks and 6lb of rock salmon so at least my fish isn't putting any UK cash into foreign coffers, just the charter skipper's pocket that we went out with......which is the way it should be and the way I will fight for.

p.s. I'll let my dog swim or run around in any public area that's legal. I pick up his **** and don't let him pester other people or dogs. He's also a working dog that helps me earn my living!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

You see this is whats wrong with angling just now

The " fook you I'm all right Jack " attitude that exists among certain types os species hunter is whats dividing angling and providing sucour to the anti's

Attitudes like "I'm all right jack" stem from the failed BMP ( Bass Management Plan) where members of the National Mullet Club and BASS were quite prepared to sacrifice certain rights and certain parts of OTHER anglers pastimes and accept restrictions on THEIR (the other anglers) access and restrictions on what they ould and could'nt do in order to promote the BMP

Thankfully there were enough anglers who saw through those proposals for what they were and spoke out against them and there were others who realised that what was on offer was a poisoned chalice and also spoke out against it

Unfortunatly some of those people and some of those attitudes have'nt gone away and there are some who would have impositions placed on the mass's in order to secure their minority interests

And then we have the AT, god help us

Anglers need to see the bigger picture for ALL of the various aspects of our sport and we should'nt be accepting of or encouraging restrictions on ANYONE's pastime but unfortunatly self preservation or ignorance seems to be the way some groups are heading and that puts them in direct conflict with the vast majority of anglers who just want to be left alone to enjoy doing what they've done for years without interference from anyone

Theres an old saying, divide and conquer, but really as anglers we should'nt be doing it to other fellow anglers and we should'nt be encouraging other groups to do it to different species anglers either

110% Brian, nice one. :clap::clap::clap:

Worms, any conger left, pre-cook it, take the meat off the bones, fish cake meat, with herbs and spices, egg, french beans, anchovy,potato, etc. Lovely grub.

Edited by barry luxton

110% Brian, nice one. :clap::clap::clap:

Worms, any conger left, pre-cook it, take the meat off the bones, fish cake meat, with herbs and spices, egg, french beans, anchovy,potato, etc. Lovely grub.

Sounds good, I'll try that.

Had a run on 'free' food recently Barry, duck on thursday, pollack on friday, rock salmon on sunday and pheasant tonight..........BURP!!

How the 'other' half live eh, not a supermarket tasteless meal in sight and all good healthy grub :D

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

As a sea angler having to shell out for an E A licence to fish a seawater harbour comes a bit hard that and having to buy a fishing permit but those are the condititons of the land owners or rapain owners but instead of bleating about it paid my money and went fishing. What is more likeley to get the public kicked off these areas of Christchurch Harbour is the morons who leave there discarded fishing tackle and rubbish behind and the dog owners who think keep your dogs on a lead does not apply to them.I am willing to give no take zones a try and don,t think there the end of the world

Lets hope any anti,s reading worms is post about tiring fish out and returning them is cruel share his tongue in cheek sense of humor. I fish another Estuary about 15 miles from Christ church were I also have to buy a permit but this the law if I want to fish there and don,t have a problem with that, before you go on about free fishing in Weymouth have caught loads in the harbour but it it isn,t a great fishing experience with so much boat traffic and passers by.

I am not selfish I just obey the fishery,s rules like any angler should