What Fishing Book Are You Reading?

Elton

This is a question for people currently reading an angling related book.

What angling book are you reading and what do you think of it so far?

I'm reading Fifty Years A Fisherman by John Wilson. Literally, just started, so no real impressions yet. I do find John's writing interesting, though, so am expecting a good read.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Fishing Days and Fishing Ways By JW Martin ( The Trent Otter) 1904 and A Summer on the Test By John Waller Hills 1924

Both in their own way beautiful books

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

The book of fishing by Ted Lamb.

Published in 1979

Some good stuff in it, a lot of the baits mentioned are "forgotten" in todays fishing .

It must around the 300th time i've read it but its one of the few things my dad left me that escaped my ex-wifes determination to destroy anything fishing related.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Just finished Myth and am now looking for another fishing related book.

I want to read casting at the sun again but its hard to come by a copy thats not over £40.

Read fifty years a fisheman and really enjoyed it.

Ive got falling in again by chris yates and would be willing to swop for a book called Anglers moon by Leo walmsley.

Or dare i say casting at the sun for falling in again and fifty years a fisherman And £25!

Still Water angling by Richard Walker. I've just bought a copy via Ebay and have never read this title before. Early days yet but already very interesting. He really was good at writing.....

Paul

A book that I keep going to is Walton's Delight by George Brennand. It's a very astute observation, not of tactics or fish, but of anglers themselves. Brennand is, perhaps, the James Thurber of Anglers, although their styles clearly differ. Both writers are wry observers of the quirkiness of human nature. If you have heard of neither author, and perhaps not many have, then a visit to your local library could be a real treat! I've read Brennands book scores of times, it never fails to raise a chuckle. There are so many people that both Brennand and I have met over the years! Its not so much a bedside but a bog side book. What might be called a contemplative read! In it there are a number of 5 to 10 minute reads, just long enough.