Union of Recreational Sea Anglers

Elton

Just spotted this one in the press:

URSA is a group of recreational sea anglers who believe that it is essential for all RSAs to fight their own corner.

Full article here:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/other-spo...79310-28324494/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leon

Are you privy to information thus far unexplained with regard this new set up or is this another of your very useful pieces of information that has been gathered and simply been brought to our attention.

There has been a fair amount of talk with regard URSA this past week, with regard what appears an unusual way in which to launch an org.

I have sent an email to the address provided (copy below) and will let you know the result once received.

Hello URSA

I regret that there is no one that I can address by name which I find rather strange.

Could you provide me with some more information about URSA for example I cant find your web site yet have seen three news letters to date.

Can you tell me how you intend to gather the views of those you intend to speak on behalf of, will you for example be any different to other orgs like the Angling Trust for example.

In yesterdays Sunday Sun you have identified some of your ideas and state 'Some of the URSA’s targets include creating areas or marks for angling from, no discards, and closed seasons and areas while fish are breeding' Which at best is poor English as well as a little confusing, are you suggesting areas were sea angling will be banned? Where there will be no C&R and that all fish must be taken? and areas protected during breeding when many are used simply because that is and always has been the ideal time to target a particular species? Have you evidence to support any of the above recommendations?

In your February news release you suggest a no take for Conger Eel, are they endangered if so what evidence have you to back this.

There is talk among the fishing fraternity that you are in effect offering yet another secret org with a pre set agenda one of dictating the future of sea angling rather than doing as you claim representing their views.

I look forward to your reply

sincerely yours

B. Deene

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Try Euan Cameron :)

So, this Euan Cameron is a real person, is he?

Only, for someone who deems himself qualified to preach to others about the rights and wrongs of fishing, I would have expected his name to have cropped up once or twice over the years - and yet I've never heard of him.

Maybe he is another incarnation of Plugger, the bass society's very own Stig?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Interesting shore anglers up this part of world are vast the thing is what they are saying makes sense the seas have been raped in last 30 years some of these anglers have long memories and have seen the decline in the last 30years if you havent you must be blind what caused that massive decline is another matter.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

So, this Euan Cameron is a real person, is he?

Only, for someone who deems himself qualified to preach to others about the rights and wrongs of fishing, I would have expected his name to have cropped up once or twice over the years - and yet I've never heard of him.

Maybe he is another incarnation of Plugger, the bass society's very own Stig?

Put your money on Brooks and Gilbert mate :rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Interesting shore anglers up this part of world are vast the thing is what they are saying makes sense the seas have been raped in last 30 years some of these anglers have long memories and have seen the decline in the last 30years if you havent you must be blind what caused that massive decline is another matter.

paul.

I must be blind then Paul.

I fish to live and live to fish.