Labour's new Anglers' Charter

Leon Roskilly

'At the very least, someone recognises that anglers are worth devoting that much time and effort to'

...or perhaps 3 million plus votes are worth devoting that much time and effort.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your right argyll three millon voters are worth devoting time and effort, as well as the economic benefits that angling brings with it, i am glad the political parties are waking up to that fact.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Obviously it will please the Labour voters amongst us, and there does seem to be a degree of errrr grudging approval frpm the other side . Yes, three million votes is worth considering!! Angling is worth pandering to! We are worth pleasing, and Labour has recognised the fact, and the FACT .

As for Governments keeping promises, ha ha, remember Margaret? The party of sleeze and greed? There is no party that is entirely honest, either that or they all have remarkably short memories.

'Obviously it will please the Labour voters amongst us'

Your 'profile' at the beginning of April said that you were a British National Party member. That disappeared from your profile about the same time as Alan Stubbs gave his 'fascist megolomaniac' speech....or did I miss something?

Do the BNP have a policy on angling?

'There is no party that is entirely honest, either that or they all have remarkably short memories'

So you have your doubts too.

Dear All,

I have read the document.

I am dreadfully sad at the direction the leaders of FACT appear to be taking those they claim to represent. Heartened however, that not one single penny of my money resides within the coffers of those involved in FACT.

In my case, I remain completely happy that I distanced myself from their activities several years ago. I would feel shame if I were to be involved now. It is blatantly obvious what has been going off here for some considerable time.

I can no longer argue any points concerning FACT as it would be a pointless exercise.

Peter, the grubby stage is yours

I don't have any doubts about the Charter Gerry, I do have this grim realisation that some politicians, of either party, can be a tad less than straight though. That said, my local one, Bob Blizzard, is too darn straight for his own good sometimes! But all credit to the man for being so. The same could be said of Jim Prior before him, not that that did him any good. Maggie sent him off to Ireland as a reward for his honesty.

The BNP, The Broads National Park, and just to remind you, I represent angling on that august body! Unfortunate choice of initials I agree. Causes a few raised eyebrows, which can be quite amusing in the 'right' company.

[ 07. April 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Well timed, oh, now if this had been announced last week it would have made a hell of a lot more impact.

Don't get me wrong, from my quick 'speed read' looks good and well done to all involved. Glad to see that Les Webber gets some credit for all he has done for angling.

Just a shame this wasn't announced before the announcment of a general election as it make it's more like a political broadcast :(

Just hope that which ever party get in they will take it on.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I do have this grim realisation that some politicians, of either party, can be a tad less than straight though.

But in spite of that you have no doubts about this charter. Thats more than just a little strange, to say that you dont trust politicians but you'll make an exception this time. It seems to me that you're putting all of your trust in a piece of Bliar paper. Now where did I see that before. I know...the Labour manifesto on the NHS.... and Crime...and immigration........ and ...there's more.

Seems FACT wrote this charter, but government ministers want to take the credit. You wouldnt need to read the papers to know an election is in the offing. I'm also reminded that only recently this government tried to take most of the credit for the Jamie Oliver 'School Dinners' project, when in fact they had given the TV production team the runaround and kept them waiting for a year before agreeing to meet them. Only when it became a vote catcher did they turn up 'large' on the scene. Thats the bunch of wasters and charlatans that you just put all of your angling faith in.

I would like to make it clear before my attitude is misread and becomes an issue for some, that I have no problems with the concept and detail of this charter just a major problem with this governments ability (and willingness) to carry it through. Come the election, whatever happens most of this will end up on the back burner. When the chancellor puts his hand in our pocket and pulls out serious funding for angling related projects then I'll take a different view. Until then, guys like Les Webber at Angling Projects who put their hand in their own pockets and fund angling/schools/ crime related projects are all we have.

[ 08. April 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]