Labour's new Anglers' Charter

Leon Roskilly

Call me a sceptic but you won't see me jumping for joy over any 'angling charter' placed in the public domain by any political party shortly before a general election!

Consider an issue such as the unresolved cormorant problem which has proven to be such a massive political hurdle, years are passing and fisheries are constantly being destroyed but I've yet to see any significant political will to find a soloution. They can phone me if they're really stuck and I'll tell them exactly what needs to be done!

Does anyone really believe this angling charter to be anything very much more than an attempt to appease those amongst us that simply do not trust a government with so many anti fieldsport members within its' ranks.

Don't forget how these people felt and voted when it came to foxhunting!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I thought that our goverment had any intention of delivering, I would be delighted with the document, but given their record on delivering on pre election promises I have my doubts.

We have seen on other threads just how bad the EA are at monitoring and enforcing, why would they suddenly get better?

I am also interested to see how little of this document affects me in Scotland,

The fact that it was written largely by FACT sort of disenfranchises the 25000 anglers who are members of the CA, but you wouldn't expect this goverment to have anything to do with the CA would you, although its membership make it one of the larger angling representative bodies.

Not as impressed as I would like to be.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

All I have to say on the subject is....

"Well done Everybody"

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Sorry Leon but it is just talk as yet.

The Minister supports angler’s plans for ‘more and bigger’ bass and instructed DEFRA staff to prepare draft legislation for the incoming administration following the general election.

The incoming administration being the key phrase.

If Labour get back will they implement this ligislation straight away or will it be put on the to do list before the next election.

If Labour don't get in will it be looked at by whoever does?

I hope that whoever gets in does go along with any proposed changes recommended.

Mark

Good work

At least Angling has been put in the public spotlight showing the positive side to the sport.

I bet PETA and the rest of the anti's are well chuffed with the charter :P:P

I can hear them spitting out teeth :):)

Lets see how long it takes them and then Greens to attack the charter.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Hope it puts an end, once and for all, to all those who would have us believe the Labour Party would ban angling.

You can put me and my 19st+ behind PW in the red corner, Mike.

lyn, A draft of the Charter was circulated to angling bodies before the Election was called

[ 08. April 2005, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: wearyone ]

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

no offence but everyone knew the election was going to be this may. if this had been released on the instatement of the new government, then i would believe that it would happen, but i have had 8 years to see what a bunch of liars this government is so excuse my cynicism

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk