Your finest Hour

stickfloatking

Well it'll soon be the the end of 2002 so whats this years fishing been like for you.

Whats your finest hour or session been out of the whole year?

Me ive not really had much time for fishing this year but the times i have been ive bagged up big time. I think one of the best sessions ive had this year was when we held the fishin down at TJ's angling.

I can't remeber the weight of this bag of bream think it was somewhere around 22lb.

200212113921809327989288.jpg

May not seem alot but there was three of those bags plus a Barbel of 7lb landed by the late Zip Trev and few more.

Not bad hay saying the river was in flood. :)

So how about you lot then what was your best days fishing of 2002?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in looking back on the year, my best trips were also those I made with Trev last spring. Not the most productive in terms of number or size of fish but certainly the most memorable.

Zip Trev in the stern of Newt's boat with a largemouth bass from Tuckertown Res. near Charlotte, NC, USA. I think this was his first bass on a lure.

trev-bass.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My finest moment was winning the Exelon Nuclears' Fishing for a cure charity tournament. All proceeds went to the beth ann miller meningitis foundation.

The tournament was near chicago and I had been there a few weeks earlier and pledged to the tournament director that if I won the event I would donate 20% of my paycheck to the charity.

I won the event so I donated 20% of my check. It was a great feeling to help a good cause and all I had to do was fish.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

I hada cracking day's grayling fishing a couple of months back...

Caught my personal best on a dry fly, then caught one better on my own shrimp pattern and then, less than an hour later caught one even bigger on the same fly. Cracking day out.

I think my best memory of this season was helping a newcomer to fly fishing, now a very good friend, get started out and thinking for himself, rather than just following magazine articles and blanking on small stillwaters ;-)

Cheers,

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

I've had a pretty cr@p fishing year to be honest with just a few exceptions, one of which was.....

Pike7.JPG

She went off like a train adding to a very pleasant day.

Paul

ive had a good year, ive got two people into angling this year, and got them some good fish too. that will do for me.

worst part of the year, most embarasing, getting booted off a lake at a fish-in that i helped organise, for not paying for all three days fishing in advance, i havnt been banned but i will never go back.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Much as usual, Provincial champion, missed out on 3 National titles, Placed numerous times won more than my fair share but have grown tired of competitions. Seriously thinking of retireing from competitive fishing, too much like hard work.

May try to cut out most next year... 'cause when you aren't competing youre practising.. Pleasure angling, whats that? I've forgotten...... :confused: :confused:

anglingireland.info

Greg's Gallery

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Finest hour (so far - the best of the season is still to come in my book) this season would have to be 29 June. Float fishing a club lake for tench. Bait, cockle; fished tight to the margins over a raked swim. A slight ripple on the water can't disguise the the eruptions of bubbles as the tench move in to see what all the disturbance was about. The first hours of daybreak bring a flurry of activity and ratchet on the centre pin pierces the silence like a gleeful banshee with gratifying regularity. Over a dozen tench are landed - not one under 4lb and 5 are over 5¾. Things quieten down and the rake goes out again - within 20 minutes the fish are back and my PB is then broken twice in consecutive casts with fish a couple of ounces either side of 7lb.

Looking back over the year as a whole this day competes with 22nd Feb. A day grayling and dace fishing on the Upper Kennet. The grayling are small ones but are dwarfed by half a dozen dace all over 10 oz. And topped off by a brace of whoppers and ounce either side of a pound. Can't wait to return later this winter (see earlier comment )

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

At one time, my home water, Oulton Broad, was the UK's absolute perch mecca. A good friend of mine, Les Proudfoot, along with Oulton Broad, is featured in the Book of the Perch.

Back in the '50's and 60's my brother and I had some fine perch off the Broad. Perch are special, and to my late brother they were an intense passion. But, until this year, it had been a very long time since I had caught a perch, even a very small one, off the Broad.

This year has been rather special for me, reliving good memories. The Oulton Broad perch are back, perhaps not in the 1960's quantity, but my biggest, an incredibly technicolour beauty, topped four pounds! I just wish my dear brother could have been the one to catch it though.

The old Voblex 8's and Ondex 6's are back in business! However, the two top sections of a tank ariel, unlike the lures, have long been pensioned off!

[ 12. December 2002, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]