Letter From The Countryside Alliance

Elton

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slodger:

I'm butting out of the thread Peter. No matter how I try and put genuine questions regarding the CA it ends up looking like I'm a supporter, which, as I keep repeating, I'm not, as of yet.

As a relative newcomer to AN I begin to wonder if some of the people posting on this thread actually gives a jot about the Ca's impact on fishing, or whether they'd rather just demonstrate their high intellect, their in depth knowledge of politics or simply argue the toss with their favourite sparring partners.    :confused:  

Slodger i have found your posts thought provoking and this thread has gone way byond the usual positions. If we are to protect our sport we need to debate the issues fully which means asking difficult questions which you have done, keep it up.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I read somewhere that after they have got rid of hunting and fishing the antis are going to target non-vegetarians. Perhaps we should frighten our meat eating friends in to supporting us anglers on this basis.

Can we possibly start a thread that states what anglers can do about angling (without reference to the -- or -o- -u-n-ing.

I live in Scotland and have absolutely no idea about what organisation to join or what they would do.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

fishing will be outlawed in the near future

first fox hunting

second shooting

third fishing

maybe not in that order but remmember these do gooder orgs are now big biz.

so as they knoble one sport they must move on to the next one simply to keep their jobs goings.

have a look at the rspca web site.

some nice jobs going there with lots of perks private health care and pensions all being paid by charity money which is gathered tax free.

Peter - You say now is the time to put our weight behind FACT, may I ask WHY?? What has fact done for the individual angler? what has it done for angling clubs? Both the CA and (according to you) so does FACT talk a good point but that's all!!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT ALL THESE GROUPS HAVE, IN FACT, DONE FOR THE ANGLER ON THE BANK!!

I am sitting at my desk reading the postings and, as yet, have not heard ONE provable thing that the CA, FACT or our so called "angling minister" have done. Nice blokes or ogres they may be, but all I'm hearing is rhetoric as to who to support or not.

I want to support the group that is doing, provably, something for anglers. NOT what they are GOING to do, but what they are DOING!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

ARTHUR:

fishing will be outlawed in the near future

first    fox hunting

second   shooting

third    fishing

maybe not in that order but remmember these do gooder orgs are now big biz.

so as they knoble one sport they must move on to the next one simply to keep their jobs goings.

have a look at the rspca web site.

some nice jobs going there with lots of perks private health care and pensions all being paid by charity money which is gathered tax free.

Jeez.

Tedious, alarmist, electioneering nonsense.

We're getting a lot of this, now.

The "do gooder" tag, from such people as Arf above, is a sure give-away.

Regards, lurve even (feel it, Arf, feel it) from someone thinkin' of subscribin' to what appears to be the only alternative...

... becoming a "do badder"

But, then, once you subscribe to the latter 'ethic', we're all fooked...

Ho hum.

[ 17. March 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

FACT, as Leon has stated, consists of all the major players. FACT has yet to prove itself, but its componant parts, largely, have done. So yes, support FACT. It is an angling organisation consisting of experienced angling bodies. Part of the FACT set up is the SAA, here protection from otters springs to mind. PAC is also in there and they have a good record re pike conservation. The NFA are in there with their match fishing experience. NAFAC is in there with the Moran Committee, and here cormorant control comes to mind. BASS, and they are doing stirling work on Bass conservation, are also members. Will that do for starters? Don't lets forget the Salmon and Trout anglers, or the NFSA, the sea anglers. Given the chance it will work.

Altogether now, fellas -- in the interests at least of appearing something like half-human, now -- a Group Hug.

[Cue rare, sudden, personal lower-bowel churnings...]

Sorry, fellas, have to go, I am running for the bog.

[ 17. March 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.