Letter From The Countryside Alliance

Elton

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to forget about fox hunting and focus on if angling really is in trouble. The reality is that the millions of anglers need to know there is 1 organisation and if needed, need to get behind it in case our hobby is put in jeopardy.

James

i hate politics!

just caught up with this thread, they should all just leave fishing and shooting alone, fox hunting... well im not sure but hey thats gone now so... i do know of the CA have no idea on their aims etc though and until just now have never heard of FACT (apart from on the start of some films :) ).

if there is something i and many other anglers nationwide can do to help then just say because as it stands i have no ideas or involvement into this cause.

steve.

When we read something in the papers, we tend to believe it unless we are privy to intimate knowledge of the item in question.

When we do have that intimate knowledge, most things we read in the papers appear to be at variance with the tuth(or Facts).

The same applies to Peter Waller's postings.

[ 16. March 2005, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Millions of anglers need to become more aware of life around us. We are the worst people at representing our selves! We are an easy target, look at the power of the "twitchers" they decide to buy a lake or land and ban the public from it, no problem. If we try to protect spawning fish from canoeists, were fascist dictators who dont want to share a natural resource with others. As Ive said before if we all influence 5 non anglers then were on the way to influencing a lot of the country. Get out there and spread the word offer help to kids clubs, start a night class for rod building or fly tieing for kids, it will pay dividends in the long run!

jim doyle:

We are an easy target, look at the power of the "twitchers" they decide to buy a lake or land and ban the public from it, no problem.

Since the RSPB took up occupation of Radipole Lake in Weymouth, there has been a continueing effort to push anglers out. Over half the swims are now effectively out-of-bounds!

[ 16. March 2005, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Gerry, I wish I knew :D Well seeing as FACT are the current "unified" organisation I suppose them.

For anglers to get behind an organisation there has to be one, plain and simple. This one organisation can then have departments that branch off into the different disciplines but we join 1 organisation only - that is the only way it will work and a way which seems impossible at the moment from what i've read and heard (nothing in the case of anybody lobbying for our cause)

James

"81% of those canvassed said they disapproved of hunting with hounds."

see dictionary definition of vast below

1 extremely large

- synonym huge

vast amounts/numbers/quantities/sums etc (of something)

The government will have to borrow vast amounts of money.

The refugees come across the border in vast numbers .

vast areas/expanses/tracts etc (of something)

vast areas of rainforest

In the past five years, there has been a vast improvement in graduation rates.

2 the vast majority (of something)

used when you want to emphasize that something is true about almost all of a group of people or things

The vast majority of books on the subject are complete rubbish.

- vastness noun [uncountable]

I think 81 % = vast but I stand to be corrected

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/