Bins emptied twice a week.........

mr motorola

That is my point exactly Norrie. We also have a family of 5 and struggle to keep up as it is.

Don't get me wrong , i'm not against recycling but if the greenies had their way , we would be getting home from a hard days slog and straight into the recycling for an hour or 2 before even getting settled down to a bit of quality time with the family. Has the government totally reviewed the new bin for us? The one for cans / plastics etc....we are asked to crush down as much as possible to fit in the bin (well it's an open box really , about the same size as a large tackle box) so , crushing down all cans causes very sharp edges AND with a young family such as mine this can be a pontentially serious accident waiting to happen.

The bin has been 'snaffled' by yours truely and is now being used in a more suitable way.................full of bits and bobs from the garage and all cans and plastics are still going in the usual bin.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the amount of domestic waste for landfill is only a small amount compared with commercial waste generated. Don't hear too much about the councils beating up on the commercial waste producing guys to save some space.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That is my point exactly Norrie. We also have a family of 5 and struggle to keep up as it is.

Don't get me wrong , i'm not against recycling but if the greenies had their way , we would be getting home from a hard days slog and straight into the recycling for an hour or 2 before even getting settled down to a bit of quality time with the family. Has the government totally reviewed the new bin for us? The one for cans / plastics etc....we are asked to crush down as much as possible to fit in the bin (well it's an open box really , about the same size as a large tackle box) so , crushing down all cans causes very sharp edges AND with a young family such as mine this can be a pontentially serious accident waiting to happen.

The bin has been 'snaffled' by yours truely and is now being used in a more suitable way.................full of bits and bobs from the garage and all cans and plastics are still going in the usual bin.

Hiya, Well mate, in my area ...fly tipping has taken off....it seems like every layby, and country road, is full of refuse....:(

I have managed to "Purloin" a couple of mini wheely bins from a certain London Borough Council, they are for food scraps!!!! Not any more they aint...they make great bait buckets..:):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Don't get me wrong , i'm not against recycling but if the greenies had their way , we would be getting home from a hard days slog and straight into the recycling for an hour or 2 before even getting settled down to a bit of quality time with the family.

That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've read on AN.

When you generate some rubbish just put it in the appropriate bin. How can that possibly add two hours to your workload?

It's reassuring to know that you gave the system a good try.

When you generate some rubbish just put it in the appropriate bin. How can that possibly add two hours to your workload?

I don't know ayjay , i was merely stating that the greenie brigade would like to see us recycle everything , regardless of the time it takes to do it.

Yet another prime example of members misunderstanding other members postings , eh? :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

My daughters council fine people if their bin lid isn't closed flat! If you ask for another bin, as large families can't possibly get all their rubbish in one, you are told no!

What do we pay huge council tax bills for then? I see in Norfolk they have abandoned the 'bin tax' as unworkable, as people just chuck their rubbish in the street in protest.

Couldn't the idiots see that coming? Grass verges are cut once in a blue moon, pavements and roads outside town centers are never cleand now, they don't grit and salt pavements like they used to either in icy weather.

We get less and less for our money, and don't tell me councils can't afford it, we pay more now than we ever have in the past. It's the slippery slope to slapdash service and poor quality driven by privatisation of everything from cleaning hospitals to grass cutting.

The cheapest tender gets the job, and we all suffer for it, because the private company then can't afford to do the job properly.

I don't know ayjay , i was merely stating that the greenie brigade would like to see us recycle everything , regardless of the time it takes to do it.

Yet another prime example of members misunderstanding other members postings , eh? :thumbs:

I'm only able to read your words, not your mind.

Too much exaggeration erodes the credibility of your argument.

I'm only able to read your words, not your mind.

Too much exaggeration erodes the credibility of your argument.

Tut.

Hiya, Well, only certain papers to go in the blue bin, cardboard is a no no, definately NO plastic bags....No binbags either....... ..plastic bottles, incl Milk, to be washed out, and their lids removed, cans to have labels removed, lid to be placed inside the can,and pushed in at top.......garden refuse...all stones to be removed, grass cuttings, weeds, and hedge trimmings only.....

Heres the link for our local council 3 Bin service....

http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/corpora...in_service.aspx

There is a page with more "in Detail" facts, but cant find it..:( We all got a big leaflet in the post when it started,...TELLING us the rules...one of our neighbours, a widower of over 80, had his green bin left on Monday, reason was , he had a couple of recyclable beer cans in it...how the hell did they see that...oh yes, the "Inspector" that goes round rooting around in the rubbish, before the bin motor shows up!!!

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, Well, only certain papers to go in the blue bin, cardboard is a no no, definately NO plastic bags....No binbags either....... ..plastic bottles, incl Milk, to be washed out, and their lids removed, cans to have labels removed, lid to be placed inside the can,and pushed in at top.......garden refuse...all stones to be removed, grass cuttings, weeds, and hedge trimmings only.....

Heres the link for our local council 3 Bin service....

http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/corpora...in_service.aspx

There is a page with more "in Detail" facts, but cant find it..:( We all got a big leaflet in the post when it started,...TELLING us the rules...one of our neighbours, a widower of over 80, had his green bin left on Monday, reason was , he had a couple of recyclable beer cans in it...how the hell did they see that...oh yes, the "Inspector" that goes round rooting around in the rubbish, before the bin motor shows up!!!

I recon this council should be paying the ratepayers for doing all this sorting work for them to reach their targets. Don't hear them treating their commercial punters like that and they have many times more rubbish for the tip.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..