Independance for Scotland?

sorry mate when a foereign company sends stuff from here to their offshore store its not sold its transported the selling is done over there ,ou may not like it but thats how it works.

if the company isnt selling stuff from here then it needs not pay the taxes selling it gets ,if it transports it abroad and sells it there the the country over there may get it instead ,simple what do you think the reason is foreigners own companies here! good will :rolleyes:

to make it clearer if i drove a land rover over the channel (perhaps i had one "given" to me by the company) and took it abroad and sold it who would get the sales tax?

just turn that into hundreds of landrovers taken abroad then sold by the companies who gets the sales tax? can britain demand tax from something sold overseas?

taxes on sales only occurs when you sell them ,there's no difference moving a car from one factory to another a mile away to send it to a factory in europe the tax occurs on when its sold

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what mate. Save Mr Salmond a bit of time. Campaign for the abolishment of the Act of Union, send all 'non-English' companies packing back home or north of Hadrian's Wall, withdraw from the EU the UN an NATO as well when your at it. I'm sure that would do wonders for the English economy and if not then no worry at least chesters will be happy.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

i'm not unhappy just pointing out if a company is foreign then Britain isn't getting much out of it ,the government probably gets very little from it but we may get the jobs ,i have no problem with jobs but would prefer the country to get something out of it as well to reduce the indirect taxation required to make up for the shortfall.

its not so much the EU but the government blindly introducing its directives usually doing far more harm than good than ignoring them like the foreigners do who are far more interested in their countries status than creeping to the EU state.

The EU isn't blameless of course but its not the open borders policy we opted into where alls fair ,not sure the UN has any status today (especially to Israel who tend to use them as target practice) and NATO is irrelevant and has been for 20 years

if Scotland can go alone good luck to them but if they are in the EU then they will soon realise their mistake unless holyrood has the balls to stand up to it.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i'm not unhappy just pointing out if a company is foreign then Britain isn't getting much out of it ,the government probably gets very little from it but we may get the jobs ,i have no problem with jobs but would prefer the country to get something out of it as well to reduce the indirect taxation required to make up for the shortfall.

its not so much the EU but the government blindly introducing its directives usually doing far more harm than good than ignoring them like the foreigners do who are far more interested in their countries status than creeping to the EU state.

The EU isn't blameless of course but its not the open borders policy we opted into where alls fair ,not sure the UN has any status today (especially to Israel who tend to use them as target practice) and NATO is irrelevant and has been for 20 years

if Scotland can go alone good luck to them but if they are in the EU then they will soon realise their mistake unless holyrood has the balls to stand up to it.

Where do you get the idea that inward investors don't pay corporation tax?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Where do you get the idea that inward investors don't pay corporation tax?

I doubt they pay any (speculative but just as speculative saying they do) even if its required its probably one on the "incentives" made to foreign owned companies to operate here .

remember were a high earning lot of workers here compared to much of the world ,companies will not come here if the "benefits" didn't outweigh the costs and taxes ,Tax err manipulation is about the only thing the government can offer them ,we know the government spend billions propping up big business here so i have no doubt foreign investors get the same or most probably a greater "incentive" to buy companies here

not found any links to gov incentives to foreign companies (probably considered secret) but if the car scrappage scheme wasn't a visible "incentive" to bolster foreign companies then i cannot see any clearer unless every car sold was a morgan ? dammit the morgan engine is a Mondeo engine so thats not really a british car firm only a bodymaker.

you see how hard it is to find a "British" company ,if your based overseas then your tax bill is severely reduced and we get the scratchings, if they're less than the incentives we get bugger all and probably a bill

Edited by chesters1

I doubt they pay any (speculative but just as speculative saying they do) even if its required its probably one on the "incentives" made to foreign owned companies to operate here .

remember were a high earning lot of workers here compared to much of the world ,companies will not come here if the "benefits" didn't outweigh the costs and taxes ,Tax err manipulation is about the only thing the government can offer them ,we know the government spend billions propping up big business here so i have no doubt foreign investors get the same or most probably a greater "incentive" to buy companies here

not found any links to gov incentives to foreign companies (probably considered secret) but if the car scrappage scheme wasn't a visible "incentive" to bolster foreign companies then i cannot see any clearer unless every car sold was a morgan ? dammit the morgan engine is a Mondeo engine so thats not really a british car firm only a bodymaker.

you see how hard it is to find a "British" company ,if your based overseas then your tax bill is severely reduced and we get the scratchings, if they're less than the incentives we get bugger all and probably a bill

What is this this obsession with cars? Our biggest exports are pharmaceutics and chemicals. Would you prefer that the UK did not let any overseas firms set up shop here? How would that help?

The English people should think long and hard about what they are asking for before they turn their back on a market of half a million people.....

But it's the Scots that seem to be wanting independence, not the English asking for it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

But it's the Scots that seem to be wanting independence, not the English asking for it!
I don't think that is the case though. It's one thing voting SNP at election time. It's another thing all together to convince the Scots electorate to vote for Independence in a referendum.

I don't think that is the case though. It's one thing voting SNP at election time. It's another thing all together to convince the Scots electorate to vote for Independence in a referendum.

Perhaps I should re-phrase my statement!

Salmond and the SNP appear to want independence. His clever little shuffle to include 'Devo max' in any referendum could get many more voters from the 'No' camp thus strengthening his 'cause' and Scotland possibly ending up as a federalist state.

Whether that would strengthen Scotland financially I have my doubts as they would then have to contribute to the Union defence budgets etc. and live off their own taxes!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

What is this this obsession with cars? Our biggest exports are pharmaceutics and chemicals. Would you prefer that the UK did not let any overseas firms set up shop here? How would that help?

cars are an example .

my point is most probably apart from people having jobs ,whether they (the foreign companies) contribute more than the government does in handouts to them is more the point ,if governments are shelling out more money rather than admit there's more money being wasted hiding them from the unemployment stats then i would prefer the government not to bolster foreign companies and admit there twice as much unemployment as they state!

bailouts ,handouts and incentives are not helping britain its merely using vast amounts of money hiding the unemployed ,i'd rather have them sit on their arse than pay 4 times the JSA bill pretending their not.

even if they are on minimum wage its nice for the employers but they are not putting anything in the pot

moving chemicals around is no difference to cars ,the tax gain comes when they are sold and where they are sold ,"export" is moving something away from the point of sale ,if its moved abroad then sold it aint an export and certainly doesn't give us any taxes

if foreign companies had to buy their own goods just to get them out the country i doubt any would be here ,they "move" goods from one place to another then sell them just as sainsbury moves its stock to the supermarket ,they dont buy from sainsbury big warehouse they merely move it then sell it ,whether its here or in italy "moving" is not selling

Edited by chesters1