Robson Green - Extreme Fishing

Elton

He, in his own words doesnt set himself up as an 'expert'...leave him alone, he isn't billed as a 'proper angler' (however you define that!)as someone here has said you know what it's like/about and if it's not to your taste, then leave it alone.

he may have his faults, but lay off the self satisfied stuff, or does that make you feel like a proper angler?.

Well said. The 'no true Scotsman' fallacy from a fellow Scot :rolleyes:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutly superb entertainment, those of who don't like it don't watch, me i can't stand soaps, corrie, benders emerdale etc, i don't watch them, bothered not in the least.
For once I concur, 100% :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

correct me if im wrong but he's not even what you would class as a proper angler like the majority of us on anglers net ?

watched a little bit of the first series when they shot the moorhen and spearing for carp, that was just plenty for me and will never watch him again. ill wit until someone with some angling credibility comes on the tv but for now its matt hayes on quest

It's only carp FFS. It's not like there on the Red List.

He, in his own words doesnt set himself up as an 'expert'...leave him alone, he isn't billed as a 'proper angler' (however you define that!)as someone here has said you know what it's like/about and if it's not to your taste, then leave it alone.

he may have his faults, but lay off the self satisfied stuff, or does that make you feel like a proper angler?.

i didnt say "Expert" (if there is such a thing as an expert angler) i said "proper angler" i define that as the likes of our long standing respectable members of these very forums who have more respect and admiration for our sport than extreme tw@.

and as i have said i dont watch extreme fishing after seeing it last year but im still allowed my opinion and so will not leave him alone, at your request.

i would hazard a guess that the majority of anglers who do actually watch him would rather watch the likes of a passion for angling or catching the impossible.

Regards,

Andy. AKA a proper angler :P

It's only carp FFS. It's not like there on the Red List.

true. it was more the moorhen i got upset over but still who in the uk goes fishing up the river, canal or ressie with harpoons ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i didnt say "Expert" (if there is such a thing as an expert angler) i said "proper angler" i define that as the likes of our long standing respectable members of these very forums who have more respect and admiration for our sport than extreme tw@.

and as i have said i dont watch extreme fishing after seeing it last year but im still allowed my opinion and so will not leave him alone, at your request.

i would hazard a guess that the majority of anglers who do actually watch him would rather watch the likes of a passion for angling or catching the impossible.

Regards,

Andy. AKA a proper angler :P

true. it was more the moorhen i got upset over but still who in the uk goes fishing up the river, canal or ressie with harpoons ?

dammit!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Andy, the clue's in the title, 'Extreme Fishing'. If it said 'Extreme Angling' then I think you would have a point.

'Fishing' just means, hunting fish, whether that be with nets, harpoons, bow and arrow, or rod and line.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I guess this show isn't made for "proper" anglers. Many of my non- Angler friends have spoke to me about this show saying they enjoy it, where as I find it annoying. Robson Green just doesnt seem to have a real Anglers etiquet or technique.

His over the top acting- up is obviousley for the cameras to try and hype up the show....(as many people think Angling is boring....even though they've never been before)

Maybe he is trying to gain peoples interest and change the general publics perception of Angling/ fishing.

Sounds fair enough.......but he is still a prize pillock in my eyes! haha

Saw one show where he was spear fishing for Arapaima on the Amazon. After failing to harpoon any, the local guide got one about 200lb!! Robson just watched as the guide single handedly pulled in this beast, but helped pull it out the water into the boat.

Robson then holds up the Arapaima, facing the camera and says "wow, this is the biggest fish 'I' have ever caught"!!!

Ah-hem.......who caught it???

(TW@)

Maybe he is trying to gain peoples interest and change the general publics perception of Angling/ fishing.

Sounds fair enough.......but he is still a prize pillock in my eyes! haha

if thats the case i would hate to see the state of angling in years to come, imagine having to put up with little robson wannabe's on the bank :headhurt:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

if thats the case i would hate to see the state of angling in years to come, imagine having to put up with little robson wannabe's on the bank :headhurt:

here here. Everything you've said Andy is exactly what i would have said. B)

gone

Any one know if it's repeated at any other time other then been shown on Thursday nights?

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek