Climate Scientists

Chris Plumb

Yep, watched a very interesting documentary on the Shroud of Turin yesterday, and saw as the evidence unfolded that it was 'Without Doubt' NOT the shroud of Jesus but a fake made in 1290-1360AD, then watched as the main Scientist on the panel had to retract his statements and ask for further research, maybe it was 'cause the guy was dying from Cancer and wanted an 'either way bet', maybe he believed what he had said at the time was right but in the 'light of new information' wanted somebody to continue, whatever, personally I do not believe that part of History but maybe I should rely on my ability to believe in and cut and paste other people's theories as to what is happening to the climate, perhaps my belief in Scientific Projections is clouded when I read the weather forecast which says one thing, ie, it is going to be sunny, when I go outside and find it to be raining, so perhaps O'Leary is right, if you cant tell me what the weather is like tomorrow, why should I believe what you say the weather is going to be like in a thousand years?..............

Personally if I "cut & Paste" an answer into google or whatever and find many hits saying the same thing, you are not a credible source, you just like Chinese Whispers.....

Good on O'Leary, let's face it, not many like him but he says what he feels................

Somebody else that doesn't know the difference between weather and climate. I've nothing against O'Leary, but he's not a climate scientist. He run's a company that makes money from burning tax free carbon. :rolleyes:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have access to such data but it would not release it to the worlds eyes :D

bugger the only real evidence i have ever had for anything cannot be released :rolleyes:

Does this work both ways? Am I in danger of developing an Old Grey Whistle? :o

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

another thing i would stop ,good job there's boats to France ,Do they pay tax on marine fuel i know commercial fishermen use red diesel but do ferries

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Somebody else that doesn't know the difference between weather and climate. I've nothing against O'Leary, but he's not a climate scientist. He run's a company that makes money from burning tax free carbon. :rolleyes:

So you didn't bother reading all that I posted, just bothered enough to use a small single part that seems to support your view! You remind me of others. Yes I burn tax free carbon as you call it, I call it trees, it's not really tax free as such 'cause my Sthil runs on petrol.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

So you didn't bother reading all that I posted, just bothered enough to use a small single part that seems to support your view! You remind me of others. Yes I burn tax free carbon as you call it, I call it trees, it's not really tax free as such 'cause my Sthil runs on petrol.
I wasn't talking about you I was talking about O'Leary. Nothing wrong with burning logs. That's carbon neutral.

another thing i would stop ,good job there's boats to France ,Do they pay tax on marine fuel i know commercial fishermen use red diesel but do ferries
Big marine engines don't burn diesel they burn something called bunker fuel. If it is taxed i doubt that the rate is very high. Bunker fuel is VERY dirty. It's not just the CO2, it's has a high sulphur content too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_oil#Bunker_fuel

I wasn't talking about you I was talking about O'Leary. Nothing wrong with burning logs. That's carbon neutral.

So trees aren't stored Carbon as some would believe then? Perhaps I am being Paranoid, pray (errrrgh) tell me what "Somebody else that doesn't know the difference between weather and climate" is about then................

And BEFORE you get on your horse, hind, front or otherwise, I have been doing this for several years, I realise that burning a fuel that you can quickly replace makes it carbon 'neutral' but it is going to take a lot of effort to convince the idiots that an economic fuel/food supply is available out there with current technology, 'WE' just have to convince people that the technology is available NOW. I have spent the last five years of my life showing it can be done, perhaps AN will be the break through, probably not. Despite ALL the aminosity on this site and all the petty arguments there is an answer and it is quite simple if you go to the basics.

Humans Need Protein and Carbohydrates.

Several Animals need the same.

What is a good sorce of Protein?

How do you provide Protein?

How can we convert Carbohydrates into Protein?

The answer is there for anybody who wants to listen, but as an old Chinesse proverb says, "Listen carefully because chance only ever whispers."

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

So trees aren't stored Carbon as some would believe then? Perhaps I am being Paranoid, pray (errrrgh) tell me what "Somebody else that doesn't know the difference between weather and climate" is about then................

And BEFORE you get on your horse, hind, front or otherwise, I have been doing this for several years, I realise that burning a fuel that you can quickly replace makes it carbon 'neutral' but it is going to take a lot of effort to convince the idiots that an economic fuel/food supply is available out there with current technology, 'WE' just have to convince people that the technology is available NOW. I have spent the last five years of my life showing it can be done, perhaps AN will be the break through, probably not. Despite ALL the aminosity on this site and all the petty arguments there is an answer and it is quite simple if you go to the basics.

The answer is there for anybody who wants to listen, but as an old Chinesse proverb says, "Listen carefully because chance only ever whispers."

If you posted in plain English and not in riddles the chances of me or anyone else misconstruing your posts would be greatly reduced.

If you posted in plain English and not in riddles the chances of me or anyone else misconstruing your posts would be greatly reduced.

No quiddles as you suggest, but questions which you should be able to get, but I post not riddles , nor anything else, but simple questions which, you should be able to suggest, IF, that is, if you can determineate and NOT just cut and Paste.

Let us upper the ante...............

No quiddles as you suggest, but questions which you should be able to get, but I post not riddles , nor anything else, but simple questions which, you should be able to suggest, IF, that is, if you can determineate and NOT just cut and Paste.

Let us upper the ante...............

Sorry but you've lost me. It must be that IQ score of 20 that I have. What that has to do with Global Climate Change or ones ability to use the right button on a mouse is beyond me.