Climate Scientists

Chris Plumb

you dont need science only history 2,000 years ago you could grow grapes almost to hadrians wall (i presume theres proof of this in archaeology or geology) then you couldnt because it was a bit nippy now the scots are talking about it ,there's a bit of a cycle going on just in that short time ,if we can now grow grapes where they could 2,000 years ago then we are no warmer than then ,we actually got colder which was the drop giving us the cycle not us being far warmer.

if you open up time yes were far warmer than the last ice age but perhaps a little chilly compared to before it

if you open it up further then were about midway to the ice age and the temperature when parts of the uk were deserts ,drier than when we were wetter and wetter than when we were dryer.

as i said the research is being based most probably on records most probably little more than 300 years old and strangely when it was rather cold here so ofcourse it looks as if were warming up ,we are just as we got cold before it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont need science only history 2,000 years ago you could grow grapes almost to hadrians wall (i presume theres proof of this in archaeology or geology) then you couldnt because it was a bit nippy now the scots are talking about it ,there's a bit of a cycle going on just in that short time ,if we can now grow grapes where they could 2,000 years ago then we are no warmer than then ,we actually got colder which was the drop giving us the cycle not us being far warmer.

if you open up time yes were far warmer than the last ice age but perhaps a little chilly compared to before it

Your absolutely right on that chesters. Do you REALLY think that those making predictions about man made climate change have not taken short term cycles like this into account?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

err not for tax purposes ;)

they also do the "fright" thing with EL NINO stopping ,it has many times ,closer to home the Gulf stream moving or stopping ,it has many times ,5 degrees colder so due to the gulf stream were 5 degrees warmer anyway so does it matter ,5 degrees hotter then were in southern France's average so you will save on fares getting a suntan .

people live from below freezing to well over 40 degrees and have done for aeons what do a few degrees matter ,we adjust just as we always have animals do as well and when the oils gone we blame something else as we slide back down and tax accordingly ,the rich will still be rich whatever the temperature the poor poor

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Phlogiston Theory was developed in 1667 by a chap by the name of Johann Joachim Becher. It was not until the end of the 18th century that we began to have empirical evidence that matter was composed of atoms. In a similar way The Miasma Theory predated the Germ Theory of disease.

If you have data that would falsify Global Climate Change please present it, but don't try to poisoin the well by comparing current scientific thinking with theories that were falsified centuries ago. :rolleyes:

Sorry not trying to "poison the well" but simply showing that scientific theories can be shown to be false later on even though at the one time they were widely accepted as "fact" by the scientific community (the miasma theory was used to explain the spread of cholera in London and Paris in the 1850's so hardly falsified centuries ago)

Anthropogenic global warming doesn't suit these guys world view but then I suppose they're all evolution deniers and conspiracy seekers as well.

Sorry not trying to "poison the well" but simply showing that scientific theories can be shown to be false later on even though at the one time they were widely accepted as "fact" by the scientific community (the miasma theory was used to explain the spread of cholera in London and Paris in the 1850's so hardly falsified centuries ago)

Anthropogenic global warming doesn't suit these guys world view but then I suppose they're all evolution deniers and conspiracy seekers as well.

bunkum just how much tax could you raise believing that lot :rolleyes:

next you will be saying electric appliances do not exude CO2 ,i saw that somewhere on a website where it was suggested all you electric goods are piling on the CO2 output of your house.

yes when they are made they do ,the electric power stations may, but your telly will never exude enough CO2 to even measure! once they are in your house they do not ,they will on the trip away from it and there after :D

"electric cars are good" totally ignoring their production and whether they are charged with non CO2 producing power station electricity.Our new energy saver bulbs are "good" ignoring the polution making them and the difficulty recycling them ,if you leccy is from a natural source (water etc) then your "good" bulb will be far more bad than your old "bad" one :D

things that give credence to an argument get singled out those that decry them hidden away ,works for all sides so you cannot trust a word from any of them

in reality both sides undoubtedly get financial benefits saying what they do were just the pawns in the middle doing the paying

Edited by chesters1

:D if you compare the BBC to ITV they cannot agree to predict the weather tomorrow :rolleyes:

the climate lot have it easy ,its going to get warmer in the future ,yes going by history it will and it will get colder as well but at the moment that doesn't suite us so much ;)

Edited by chesters1

No they are just wrong.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

:D if you compare the BBC to ITV they cannot agree to predict the weather tomorrow :rolleyes:

the climate lot have it easy ,its going to get warmer in the future ,yes going by history it will and it will get colder as well but at the moment that doesn't suite us so much ;)

You see that's one of the problems. People think that Climate Change means that everywhere is going to get a wee bit warmer and if you live in a place not unknown for intemperate weather one may be forgiven for thinking that a degree or two warmer and that might not be a bad thing. The thing that is predicted to get warmer is the global average temperature. Some places may get considerably warmer, some may get considerably wetter or dryer.