Fish feel pain !!!!!!!!

easternangler

Hi Guys,

it would be very interesting to know who paid for this selective research.

Reminds me of the "research" undertaken to boost the sales of wine on the basis of the beneficial affect it had on health. The sale of white wine went up but not red. The "experts" then came out in favour of red wine cause it had more tannin than the white.

Moral of the story is tea is better and cheaper according to new research done in my kitchen sink without sponsorship. Surely your researchers could find more important things to research like AIDS, TB. Malaria etc etc atc.

Kind Regards

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popped over from my usual saltwater haunt so ‘Howdy’. Now I'm no scientist (rocket or marine) but it does seem to me that this "experiment" is wholly and unnecessarily cruel whilst being without any scientific justification given the way it seeks to draw its conclusions. I'm surprised that no self respecting environmentalist or "anti" has picked up on this. I just fail to see how one can draw any similarities between injecting a fish with poisons and fishing. Of course any animal is going to suffer if it’s injected with toxins. What exactly was the point of this rather ghoulish research? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Does anyone else think that this all gets blown out of proportion? Theres absolutely nothing to worry about. There is no chance on earth that angling could be banned, what government in power would risk losing 3.5million votes and the billions of pounds spent by the public every year on fishing related goods?

Its just the press, they dont give a toss about the fish (unlike us carpers) they just want to whip up a storm, tomorrow this will be off the news and out of everyones mind.

I cant believe that people in this country consider us to be cruel, they should take a trip down to Spain or Turkey and see what they think about 'animal welfare'. I have done some work with rescue greyhounds and galgos and if thats how they treat dogs abroad then you can only imagine how they treat so called 'lessor animals'.

We must be one of the best countries as far as tackling the problem of animal cruelty goes, and I think that may be half the problem, we expect too much, we want it perfect, which obviously is not going to happen.

I think we are going the right way in fishing with everything now (especially in carp fishing) being targeted at protecting the fishes and the environments wellbeing as much as is 'humanly' possible. If we keep going along these lines then I dont think we can go wrong.

Stick together.

Let them carry on with this stupid debate - without anglers there would be no clear rivers and streams, no matter what the authorities say!

If they carry on they can have their cesspools back and when they find this out, it will be too late!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Just a quick line on something I just thought. How many of you anglers out there have caught the same fish TWICE on the same day, and why are large carp named and identified, to be caught over and over again, if they feel pain. I don't think so!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Hi, I know it's nothing to do with Fishing really, but it's on the same principal.

So IF fishing did cause pain & suffering, then why the hell don't the ban smoking then ? we see all the time, notice's that "Smoking Kills", they are humans suffering !!!!!!

sorry if this is off topic, but I don't see people making a big fuss about that one.

just a point of view.

cya

Channel 4 news has just had some woman from PETA :mad: and a bloke from the countryside alliance :D on.

how come the research saying they do feel pain is getting more coverage than the research saying they dont. :confused:

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

bulster:

how come the research saying they do feel pain is getting more coverage than the research saying they dont. :confused:

Probably because those that campaign to abolish angling, and generally dictate our lives in general, are paid impressive salaries to make it so.

Those that defend our sport are, generally, volunteers with full time jobs.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The antis will always look like idiots until they wear grass skirts and woolen shoes. This mob are just as guilty of animal "cruelty" as we are. These people are not Vegans, they do wear leather, they do use their cars, the dont bury thier sewage and farm thier own food. They simply talk s***e. These people have nothing to do except feel lonely and bored and it is thier own inadequacies that make them take thier hate out on people they won't be around.

Lets not start with ..."oh fishing will be banned!" It won't be and neither will trawling or anything else deemed wholesome. The antis compare Fox-hunting to Angling when there is no comparison. The lowly Fox is an advanced Mammal that is hunted by 200 tons of thoroughbred Horse stock and bugle playing drunks with blood on thier pork-pies. Fishing at least has a sense of fairplay. I,m in no way worried since I have fished for 20 years without ever having my sport condemmed by the general public. I,m sure if I took up Badger baiting I would hear some pretty choice words. Cheer up and get yerselves out there.

AFinalAnimation.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...