Fish feel pain !!!!!!!!

easternangler

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just added the latest EAA Press Release on this topic here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/news/articles/222.html

It would be a good one to copy/bookmark.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well spotted Wag.

I paricularly liked this bit...

"These so-called scientists took 20 trout and did horrible things to them. "Skin and bone were removed above the brain and then the olfactory and optic lobes and cerebellum were removed... to prevent muscular twitching, a neuromuscular blocker was injected... bone was removed to expose the trigeminal ganglion, the ganglion desheathed and covered in paraffin." Then they heated them up to 58C, and injected them with bee venom and vinegar. Guess what? The fish didn't feel like feeding for a while! There's a surprise!"

Ok so maybe 'liked' is not quite the word I was searching for. :rolleyes:

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I can't believe it took a scientist to find out that fish feel pain. Of course they feel pain, why the hell do ppl think that they riggle about on the hook so much. I have hooked myself in the past !DOH! and it killed.

It looks as if we have an idiot imposter in our midst. Just go away little boy.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

No, you've got it wrong there, he's the real thing!!

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I have to say I have just had my mind changed in the debate which is raging at present! I am now of the opinion that fish most definiteley do not feel pain as we know it. The reason for this? the RSPCA!! Yes the report by the RSPCA which had studied the pain question (Roach with ulcerous disease and the fact that they carried on regardless with there normal day to day activites!)

Yes I am a newly informed person.

May I also take this opportunity of adding that I like most people would like to add my thanks for all the hard work done by so few for so many! Thank you all!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I think we need to be very careful basing so many of our arguments on the belief that fish cannot feel pain!! What happens if one day someone does come up with irrefutable proof that they do feel pain that us anglers (being reasonable folk) have to take on board?? Will we all stop fishing???

I have to be honest and say that I will continue. Maybe I’ll just dip the hook in a bottle of Calpol (Paracetamol for kiddies) before I chuck it in!! Now there’s a thought – include a dose of painkiller in a glug dip - I’ve just saved the industry!!