Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

Lid:

The fact is that none of us still actually know the truth of this matter. We have no reason to be sure of any statement made by any of the parties involved.

Polly never once said all the rods were being fished, but she did not say they weren't either. Jason says that the other 3 rods were reeled in, but did not see this himself. How do we know what is correct?

Polly, is there a chance the rods were reeled in and you did not notice? I think you need to say something, after all you started the thread.

In fairness I did not notice if any of the rods were reeled in or fishing. I assumed, wrongly, as it appears that as they were mounted on alarms and the rear drop off indicators were attached to the lines that all were active. The owner has obviously spoken to the guys concerned and other members of the 10 man syndicate about the matter and is happy with the explanations he received. I can only apologise for stupidly jumping to conclusions and should have known better than to doubt the integrity of such a well known and respected angler. I realise my original post has caused a big stink, not only on here but also on other forums and would like to apologise to anyone who has taken offence. I have read most of the posts and there are a few I would like to answer but fear it would only kick-start another row. However, I am not a "Tosser" Mr. Fickling and look forward to your presentation on Zander fishing @ Bottisham on the 27th !!!! Whoever it was that said I would not have said anything if it had not been a big-name angler, you are oh so wrong matey! I wasn't 100% certain it was who I thought it was until I read some of the replies on here. My only concern was for welfare of the fish. I couldn't give a sh!te about who it was. Anyway enough said, lets put it to bed.

Jason if you do read this post please pass on my sincere and heartfelt apologies the the man (sorry men!) concerned. Having read your post I now realise that what I saw that Sunday was not in fact what happened. I'm sure when you had the opportunity to speak to the 3 guys concerned and others in the syndicate they put you right on exactly what had occured. I should have realised the blokes carrying lure rods who passed us on the bank were with Mr. X as when we returned all 3

were chatting near the brolly. I realise now I should have taken a moment to talk to Mr. X and his mates at the time, I'm sure they would have explained everything to me in the same manner they did to you. If only I'd had the sense to do so all this trouble could have been avoided. Thank you also for taking the time to raise my obviously unfounded concerns with the gentlemen concerned, you obviously run a tight ship and it's good to see nobody, no matter who they are, is above the rules.

One of the posters said it's a private fishery and therefore whatever methods are used there is none of Joe Public's business. How True!!! Your Fishery, Your Rules, You say Yes, You say No, You say who can and You say who can't. I truly did not seek to gain anything from starting this "Bloody Row" all I was looking to do was protect YOUR fish matey. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut and leave it to the members to let you know what's going on at the Nunnery. They are much more hands on and and have a vested interest in making sure their friends and fellow anglers behave themselves. They wouldn't want any of their syndicate to be banned and would obviously be best placed to keep an eye out for you when you can't manage to be on site yourself.

Anyway much too much said, apolgies all round and especially to you Jason and you Mr.X

I'm not one to hide behind silly nicknames so for all you nosey gits out there my name is Phil Parfitt and if anyone wants to question my courage just let me know where and when!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Roper:

As nothing was done that was wrong, perhaps we can know the 'name' now.

It could all be down to the fact that they might support Man. United and not Polly's Ar5enal!

I think not, names not necessary. The owner of the fishery has posted on here stating that I got it all wrong and should have been more observant. Also, had I confronted said person and queried his methods apparently all would have been explained and none of this row would have transpired. He has spoken with those concerned and has accepted their explanations. For my part I have just posted my heartfelt apologies to all concerned and publically admitted the error of my ways.

As for the gentlman supporting Man Ure, that I very much doubt, more likely Aston Villa, WBA, Birmingham or Wolves I'd guess, but then again I'd probably be wrong on that front as well. Better ask the other syndicate members, they'd be sure to know.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

phil, just one thing that is definately wrong, nevilles talk on the 27th is not at botisham it is at wilburton social club, wilburton, ely cambs.

i know because i am running it and ihope you can make it.

and top marks for the apology mate, it takes a real man to admit they are wrong

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Polly, good response! No real harm done really. You were right to be concerned, you were right to voice your concern. Minor slip up in presentation maybe! But the intention was right.

'I was horrified to think that a high profile piker was using six rods at once. I might have been mistaken, I wish I'd looked more closely now. If I was right, and it was who I thought it was, I suppose I should have gone after the bailiff.' Very easy to be wise after the event!

Two good things have come out of it. First, a few outside posters have visited AnglersNet, and one appears to have stayed. Two, no one is above the law, no one is above the rules. It does no harm for people to realise that other anglers are watching them. We all need to set a good example, especially if we are the 'stars' that some folk look up to!

As for what Mr Fickling called you, I wouldn't worry!! We've called each other far worse :D .

we have called each other far worse peter, but when i read ficklings post on the other forum i was disgusted that such a high profile angler could stoop to such a childish response, about someone he doesnt know and has never met. so i posted a reply to that effect (ok i may have been a bit harsh but it was deserved i thought!)

i certainly shall not be buying any fickling related tackle, or indeed pike and predator magazine any longer if thats how he thinks he can behave.

I stopped buying P&P months ago. Some might think the never ending slanging matches funny but not this cookie. I'm sure that they must boost the sales though...!

Paul

BTW, respect to Polly too. You've possibly done more good than harm.

Paul

Peter Waller:

Mark, I rekon I can just beat Newt in the years game! ...

Peter - that was 45 years of lures. Total years fishing is more like 55+ and I think there are only a couple of the really old fuds on here who have more. :D

I did bait only until about age 6 and then alternated between bait & fly rod for another few years.

Mark - there are certainly times when bait will absolutely outfish lures. And in some areas of the US like Florida, the best 'big fish' method is a live of about a pound placed into really nasty cover at the end of a stout 10ft pole (US style pole, not UK) with heavy line and get the fish airborne to clear it out of the cover when you get a bite.

But I have yet to see a water where lures won't work. I may when I visit the UK next year but haven't so far. It can take the better part of a day to 'pattern' the fish - to figure out exactly where they are holding and what presentation they want. But once that is done, you can usually pick up right many fish until the pattern changes.

That being said, I do realize that the situation on small lakes and rivers may be different than where I usually fish. As I said, I am very much looking forward to finding out. I do plan to bring along a couple of my lure rods so the UK folks I'm fishing with can get a good laugh. I'm gathering that 6½ rods and conventional baitcaster (multiplier) reels are not the norm over your way. Probably the 4½ ft u/l rod with spincast reel will be even more unusual. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President