Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

Mark,

I haven't read all this thread, but your post made me think of something.....

I've lure fished with Steve Burke a few times and, even though Steve isn't specifically known for his lure fishing abilities, it never ceased to amaze me how he could locate pike in a 40 acre lake in such a short time.

To give an example, a friend and I fished for a day and didn't get a touch. I then went around with Steve with his spoons and he located a 'cluster' of pike. My friend and I moved swims and caught *loads* that day!!

Like I say, I haven't read the post you're referring to, but perhaps that is the kind of thing fenboy is referring to.

Tight lines,

Elton

PS I think you have to be over 50 to be able to work a spoon effectively :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As nothing was done that was wrong, perhaps we can know the 'name' now.

It could all be down to the fact that they might support Man. United and not Polly's Ar5enal!

[ 15. January 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

hello mate. i am not disputing the fact that lure fishing can be a very effective method as are all on their day, i was justing pointing out what a daft comment it was to say that you will learn more in a day lure fishing than you would in a month static fishing. it of course depends upon your definition of static fishing, after all you can be static but using a drifter float which will cover more water than any lure, and will find bars, plateaus etc.

what really makes me smile is that a few lure anglers think that they are aboove bait anglers for some reason and that lures are a superior method, well at the end of the day lures are designed in some way to imitate the pikes prey, there is nothing that looks more like a pikes prey than a live fish!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Some folk have a naturel knack for lure fishing and its a joy to watch them work a lure, discovering features (lost lures!) and pulling the fish. The rules on some trout waters insist on lures and it has made people, at long last, realise the true value of lures. But against that some folk just don't have that lure thing, never will. Two anglers can fish alongside each other with identical outfits, one catches, one doesn't. Thats lure angling.

By the way, welcome to AN Mark. Well worded opinion, strong opinion and a willingness to contribute is well respected over here!

I'd be interested in hearing about your trolling for zander, Mark. It's something I've never done. But it's something I've meant to do ever since the Relief Channel was opened up to boats.

Incidentally, talking of the Relief Channel, that's where I caught my first double-figure pike in 1968 (rudd deadbait). I also caught my first zander that same day (gudgeon deadbait).

The Relief Channel, though, is one of those places where I can happily static fish, in the knowledge that anything is possible. There's something about big waters like that - especially when the wind's blowing and white-capped waves are rolling down. It's a wild place and I used to love it. Yes, I will have to revisit.

And yes, I realise there are waters where lure fishing won't work. I too know stillwaters with strange underwater features which can't be fished adequately on retrieved lures, unless you're fishing from a boat.

I think we're both right, Mark. But it was fun sparring with you...

Fenboy

we have a common love there then mate becaus i love the channel too. i havent yet put a boat on it as my boat has been off the water this year for repairs but i did have a few zed out of there this year to 11.14 a picture of which appears in this moths pike and predators. i have written a bit about trolling for zeds in the past in pike and preds but give us a few days and i will send you some details mate in a bit of depth. it can be quite fast and furious though, best results are 9 zander in an hour up to 10.14 and 3 fish on the boat and one waiting to come in!!!

Mark Barrett

ther are plenty of challenges pete, the chanel is certainly one of them. my challenges this year are to try and get a double figure tench, i photographed a 10.08 last year and boy do i want one. also i have found a lake with definate 3lb plus rudd in it after losing the last lake that i fished that had them in. they are my real challenge, i think they are the most beautifull fish that swims ut they dont give themselves up!!

anyway i do plenty of piking pete. i am off on saturday to a newish venue that i am trying after a few rumours of some biggies. only fished it twice, one blank last year, but first trip this year, had five fish up to 11.04, walked miles, leapfrogging and drifting the place and really enjoyed every minute of it.

to my mind mate a bit of variation is great i love all kinds of fish and all the different types of angling, thats what makes angling such a brilliant sport

Mark Barrett