Top Pike Angler My Ar5e!!!!!!!!!!

Polly

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lid:

Budgie

Have I missed something here (he says in total innocence, chuckle). I always thought Polly was a girl's name.

H.G.Wells wrote a fine book called the History Of MISTER Polly ! Least I think it was H.G.Wells :confused: .

Sorry, I missed that! Which post says that Polly wasn't there? The first post still states he was there, so I apologise if I missed some reference deeper in this thread that says otherwise.

Lid:

Sorry, I missed that! Which post says that Polly wasn't there? The first post still states he was there, so I apologise if I missed some reference deeper in this thread that says otherwise.

ooooops, thats what you get for drinking most of a bottle of rioja, sorry lid, you're right, i didnt read it properly and missed the fact that polly said he and his little bruv went for a walk, i thought it was just his little bruv that witnessed this despicable deed

mark barrett:

First you say:-

i joined this forum because of this thread and some of the posts on it, which have been interesting to read and in some cases laughable.

And then:-

Nugg it was me that posted the sanctamonious thread on P&P and i stand by that as some of the poster were coming over as such. i do not look down on other anglers and there are plenty out there who will back me up on that as i wil help anyone if i can, particularly beginners as should we all.

I am fully aware of who said what, and the above has been toned down somewhat. I think you will agree.

You then go on to say:-

finally fenboy you reckon that you cn learn more from one day lure fishing than a month of static, what an absolute load of cobblers. you cannot lead a bottom with a lure, you cannot keep lures in certain feeding areas for long enough and on soe waters however much you may dislike the fact lures are not as effective, if you want examples i can give you them. because you enjoy a mobile approach does not make you a better angler because by dismissing certain tactics you are actually showing your limitations. a good angler will use the best tactics on the day to catch what he is after, lure fishing has its days as do all other methods. sometimes it is better to stay in one swim

Oh and welcome to A.N. too.

[ 14. January 2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Mark didn't offend me. On the contrary, he made me chuckle. He sounds much like I would have sounded 25 years ago. I used to believe that serious pike anglers stayed in one spot and fiddled with rigs. And I caught some good fish that made me think I'd proven my point.

I probably started roaming more because it was less boring. Inactivity can be mind-numbing at times. Happily, I caught a lot of fish by moving, so I did it more and more... to the extent today that I seldom stay put.

At the end of the day, Mark, I just happen to enjoy catching fish in a different way to what you do. If I can explore a stretch of water (usually a river) in the process, then even better. I enjoy the challenge. ANd I have been known to mark down likely areas as good places to return to with static baits, on a later occasion.

Incidentally, roaming to me includes trolling - which I have done successfully with deadbaits, livebaits and lures. And on a big water, I doubt that a better method exists.

Fenboy

fenboy, obviously you have been in this game for a long time after all by your post you were catching fish before i was even born, so fair play to you. however i still dont agree with your assertion that you will learn more from lure fishing a water in a day than you would in a month of static fishing.

let me give you an example. i have tried lure fishing on one of the waters that i fish many, many times. the fact is that as the water is deep in the middle with very pronounced shelves on either side the fish tend to patrol the shelves as a lot of the prey fish also hang there. casting from the bank means that just as your lure gets into the main catching zone it is coming too far up in the water. i have caught a few fish from there on lures, but if you present a livebait or a deadbait on those shelves you can catch several fish in a day usually. what can you possibly learn about the water from lure fishing it, other than to realise that lures are not the best method for that water.

your statement was far too sweeping to be true, but because you have fished for longer does not make you right, it just makes you more set in your ways.

and congrats to the cobblers. as a supporter of watford i know very well what a cup run can do to help smaller clubs and i very much hope you perform the miracle and beat man utd.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk