Your weekend plans

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m going to try and rig up a drilled bait box on a bank stick, I can stick it in the river on the right line fill it with maggots and just let them trickle out while I explore other swims. On my return I’m hoping there’ll be a queue of hungry barbel waiting for me.

Ta da!!!!!

My own little peon who will quite happily stand in the river all day baiting up a swim while I relax, cook lunch or fish elsewhere. If the release rate is too high I’ll tape up some of the holes. A potential problem could be debris collecting and knocking it over but we’ll see how it goes;

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

This is where I’ll be;

IMG_5164.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Hi Rusty great idea

Have a word with Anderoo for me and see if it can be modified for ten mile bank on ely ouse. :D:D

John

You're gonna need a bigger stick!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You're gonna need a bigger stick!

Much Much Bigger :D:D

However I have thought of doing so on the suffolk stour on the streamy sections for those huge roach that abound everywhere!!.

John

Edited by John Weddup

I know that swim :spiteful: ,Just found out we are on grass cutting rota for our island mooring :( but hoping to get out onto the Thames for a bash over the weekend .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Well my "long weekend" plans (the girlfriend has managed to be able to take Friday off) basically consist of lots of heavy duty extremely kinky sex......................................but that will no doubt depend on whether I can get my hovel tidied up before she arrives tomorrow! One look at the state its in and the only kink I will have will be in my neck after she has throttled me!

I'm sure your as bored of hearing about my health woes as I am of suffering but simply this year has been my worst so far.Other than three three day sessions and one afternoon trip Ive not been up to any fishing.I'm really missing it but desperately trying to be sensible. Have had to pop over Wingham a few times to fulfill some of my baillifing duties (don't have to but feel I should) and that's kept me sane along with the constant calls,texts etc from my mates who are out there doing it. Being able to see people on heres' season unfold has also been a great help. :thumbs:

Nearly got the drop shotting gear together so will be grabbing a few short sessions soon hopefully.Its given me something to look forward to and the research has kept me interested.

Wouldn't mind if the lay off from fishing had/is being used to sort the garden and various DIY jobs but Ive been to exhausted to even get much done there. Got a bit done this afternoon but I would really rather be bagging up on some fish than bagging up dog sh!te. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all out this weekend,the weather looks a bit changeable but take a few photos regardless of what you catch and please share with this "Armchair Angler" when you return :wheelchair:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good luck to all out this weekend,the weather looks a bit changeable but take a few photos regardless of what you catch and please share with this "Armchair Angler" when you return :wheelchair:

I promise I will

john

Just out of interest Rusty, where did you get your bank stick from? I have one the same that I use but am after another and can't find the buggers anywhere. My local tackle shop stopped stocking them after I bought the last one. They are cracking bank stick. Nice and sturdy.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk