Disgorger for course fishing

Spike101

Hello, I am new here. I haven't read everything yet but I have a question.

I do a lot of match and club competition fishing and have heard about a device from England that is quick and easy to use for taking hook out of fish, somtimes deep hooked ones.

My question is has anyone tried them, do they work?

And if they do, can I buy it somewhere in Holland or maybe by postorder or something like that? I haven't found anything yet and hope somebody knows a place where they accept euros...

Thanks in advance for any information you might have! :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are various different makes of disgorger on the market. slammo being imho one of the best out there.

i've seen something somewhere on here about someone making them , possibly someone who has tried one can comment. if memory serves it was the ever happy mr a taylor but i could be wrong

Alan Taylor sells a fantastic gizmo for unhooking. Lucky enough to have one myself, works every time and is really simple to use. You will find him on the message boards here on AN. Think he resides in Holland aswell.

Have a look at the topic "disgorger...thanks" over on the sea fishing forum.

[ 19. May 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Spike101:

Hello, I am new here. I haven't read everything yet but I have a question.

I do a lot of match and club competition fishing and have heard about a device from England that is quick and easy to use for taking hook out of fish, somtimes deep hooked ones.

My question is has anyone tried them, do they work?

And if they do, can I buy it somewhere in Holland or maybe by postorder or something like that? I haven't found anything yet and hope somebody knows a place where they accept euros...

Thanks in advance for any information you might have! :)

Hi Spike, firstly welcome to anglers net and it is your lucky day, I live in Holland so Euro's are fine.

I have a mini match one that is at this very moment being Chromed, just right for match fishing, no lost hooks in the fish so no time wasted that is needed for the match fisherman.

There is another one that is for the regular coarse angler and works exactly the same but is slightly larger.

Thanks you guys for pointing Spike in my direction.

Spike, look forward to hearing from you.

All the best the ever happy :(

Alan :D (nl)

[ 19. May 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

It's always nice to feel welcome...

Thanks a lot for that everybody and even more importantly, thanks for the info!

The site looks okay so Mr. Taylor, I will contact you shortly. I am very interested in this product you are selling! :cool:

Welcome to AN Spike - I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm also waiting on the mini match disgorgers sounds like they're just the job from those that have been field testing the proto-types. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Have you got any more ready yet Alan??

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris Plumb:

Welcome to AN Spike - I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm also waiting on the mini match disgorgers sounds like they're just the job from those that have been field testing the proto-types. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Have you got any more ready yet Alan??

Thanks for your interest lads and lasses

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/