tench flavours?

kendo

hi I am going to a pit tomorrow in the hope of bettering my pb for tench which stands at 4lbs,as I have never before deliberately targeted tench are there any particular flavours or dips that tench seem to prefer?

cheer's for any advice. :)

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good one is Black Treacle used in conjunction with sweetcorn. When sweetcorn "blows" on a water I will heat my corn up in a microwave and add a couple of tablespoons each of Black treacle and Brown sugar then mix till the sugar is dissolved, chill it overnight in the fridge and in the morning you have an excellent bait. Trouble is, just about every other fish that swims loves it too, so its not very selective. :)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Got to say that I haven't tried the sweet method, so maybe I've been missing-out :rolleyes:

Posted Image

My fave is bread soaked in a soup of blended lobs, bloodworms, jokers and the like, and then rolled into balls the size of a boilie

More important, in my view, than the bait, is (a) a bit of pre-baiting and (B) the time-of-day when you fish .... just before first-light ... or into the twilight ..

Good luck anyway

DG

i cant believe a tench thread and no mention of the classic 10mm boilies in Tutti Fruiti flavour :D its an awesome flavour for all year round fishing.

i will defo 2nd the black treacle post, thick black gooey mess of sugar hahahaha great stuff !!

if you can then always try to rake the swim, friends of mine have found it to be a slight edge when targeting tench on clear pits as it stirs the bottom up and creates a cloud of food and cover for a while :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk