Zander, Your Veiws.

Lurking Pike

Guest sslatter

LP? I have to side with PW and Newt on this one. I've caught a fair few pike in my time, and can honestly say have seen all types of pike bite, from the tenuous "I'm a tiny perch pluck-pluck-stop" to the full-blown "I want that deadbait and I'm taking it to China!" with the rod flying into the water. As a GENERAL rule as far as deadbaiting goes, I've found that the wintertime produces smaller, "finer" bites, while summertime produces the more aggressive stuff. I haven't done as much lure fishing, but what I've read from PW and Newt would seem to show a similarity. So, if it moves, strike!

QUOTE Corydoras: "In my humble opinion the general rule should be 'Thou shalt not suffer a non native and potentially invasive species to live' and if you press me too hard this topic then I will say that yes this should include the all hallowed porcine carp too.

I should keep your head WELL down until that one blows over, matey! :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I should keep your head WELL down until that one blows over, matey!

Yes..I think that one got lost in the heat. :D

Paul

Lurking Pike:

Lurking Pike:

That is a nice pike LP, how big was it?

It says on the picture in white.
15 pounder! Looks a lean, mean summer fighting machine! From a point of view of a good scrap a pike is probably at its best at that weight. If you can land a 15 pounder L.P. then a 20 will be no probs. Nice to see a picture of a happy piker. Those miserable sods that cradle obese carp nearly always want to appear as miserable as sin .

quote:

Those miserable sods that cradle obese carp nearly always want to appear as miserable as sin

Yes they do and seem to be permenantly p*ssed off with something.

Many Thanx for the links Nugg.

Good fish LP

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Apache:

quote:

Those miserable sods that cradle obese carp nearly always want to appear as miserable as sin  

Yes they do and seem to be permenantly p*ssed off with something.

Good fish LP

Probably p*ssed off with people permenantly taking the p*ss out of carpers.!

Still, mustn't say too much, went out and bought a carp rod the other day :o !

Well, I go carping, but I dont own a bivvy or a set of optonics, yet I am perfectly happy catching carp on the float and freelined up to 20lb or so.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts