Sportsman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has got the quote in it somewhere

http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/pests-d...-pesticide.html

Wow! Welcome to the Land of Logical Fallacies.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I particularly liked the bit about how robust kids are with their faster metabolisms followed by moaning that the offspring had respiratory problems for six weeks before the poster actually took them to a doctor - presumably after ignorring medical advice and giving them nothing but traditional cough syrup the whole time.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I particularly liked the bit about how robust kids are with their faster metabolisms followed by moaning that the offspring had respiratory problems for six weeks before the poster actually took them to a doctor - presumably after ignorring medical advice and giving them nothing but traditional cough syrup the whole time.

Its a Russian thing :)

Did you like me being diplomatic :D

Thats right Steve. France is still in the EU isn't it ?

It is said that the French are less keen than we are on gold plating and slavishly obeying any EU diktats they find ridiculous - I don't know how true that is, though.

Russian ?

I thought he was from Hertforshire.

Mind you, my last girlfriend was Russian and they can be a bit odd.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It is said that the French are less keen than we are on gold plating and slavishly obeying any EU diktats they find ridiculous - I don't know how true that is, though.
They don't "gold plate" any. It's only our Town Halls and the stooges in Whitehall that do that. They do it to suit their own agendas and throw there hands up in the air and blame the EU when the get caught.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Its a Russian thing :)

Did you like me being diplomatic :D

I didn't like this bit of yours much ziggy

"There are such things but unfortunatly we can't discuss them on Gardeners Corner due to it being against EC law" and "The law is ridiculous, but we have to protect the forum against any litigation."

With the greatest respect mate, that's balderdash, twaddle and BS.

Edited by corydoras

Same sort of twaddle I heard when painting my fascias on a ladder... Neighbour (he claimed) reported me for using a ladder and not scaffolding after I told him to shove his claimed EU directives (I was polite to start with but he kept yabbering on at me and I was busy!) Never progressed it seems.

What a Rebel I am! The original 'Barnaby Wilde'... I'm gonna kill me some weeds now, MA, GO GIT ME MAH VINEGAR!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue