Which camo gear? Is it worth having?

Peter Waller

sneakyleaf.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not camo gear you need where I fish, it is a "silent" mallet for banging in the rod rests and bivvie pegs. Two guys in camo gear turned up about 8pm last night and proceeded to spend 15 mins banging spikes into the ground.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

quote:

Originally Posted by Poledark:

It's not camo gear you need where I fish, it is a "silent" mallet for banging in the rod rests and bivvie pegs. Two guys in camo gear turned up about 8pm last night and proceeded to spend 15 mins banging spikes into the ground.

Could be worse, they could then lob out 2oz leads will-nilly and use bbqs, radios etc, and spend 20 minutes messing with optonics very loudly.

[ 13. September 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Apache:

quote:

Wotcha Apache mate

Yup been on me hols

Hope you's bin keepin outa trouble

Me, get in trouble????? Honestly, ok, so I swear to drunk I'm not God! LOL

I'm ok thanx mate, how was hols?

Not too bad ... only one double though but at 14 lb 7 oz, it was OK ... can't tell you the exact venue in Norfolk or old PW'd be round there in a flash ... he's uses them as live-bait for catching his 30s :D

DG

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Waller:

quote:

Originally posted by The Diamond Geezer:

Cheers

How sad am I then?!

dgcamoucant.gif

Or more to the point, where am I?
:D

DG :confused:

P.S. So DPM isn't Dried Poultry Manure after all
:D

By the cringe DG, is that really you? I thought you were a mere youngster! How wrong can a fella be!!

Well, I may be getting-on a tad, though not of your advanced years, Peter, and at least I still have all my faculties :D I bet you can remember Liz II's coronation :D:D

Because of the way that light bends when it enters water, apart from an area almost above an underwater observer, all that can be seen is the silver surface of the water.

(Go and try it in your local swimming pool, wearing goggles).

The area that can be seen above the water line is only a few feet across at most.

Unless you are stalking fish in the margins, you can wear yellow, red, orange and purple for all the difference it will make!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

quote:

Originally posted by Leon Roskilly:

Because of the way that light bends when it enters water, apart from an area almost above an underwater observer, all that can be seen is the silver surface of the water.

(Go and try it in your local swimming pool, wearing goggles).

The area that can be seen above the water line is only a few feet across at most.

Unless you are stalking fish in the margins, you can wear yellow, red, orange and purple for all the difference it will make!

Tight Lines - leon

I think you're confusing refractive index, with the plane-polarisation of light and/or total internal reflectance

If you're wearing goggles, your eyes are not in contact with the water as are a fish's eyes

Pike aside, which also have binocular vision like humans, most other fish have bilateral vision

Depth is of course a factor with respect to the sub-surface point of view

Generally, if you can see your quarry, there's a very good chance that it can see you, and so if you are stealthy, keep a low profile, are not silhouetted, and merge with the surrrounding vegetation or whatever, then there's less chance your quarry will hear or see you ... this applies to fish in the middle of a river, close-to the surface, as well as in the margins ... you know it makes sense :rolleyes: ... unlike anthropomorphism :D

DG :rolleyes:

[ 13. September 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

http://www.exploremaine.com/~trout/fishsenseIII.html

the-fishing-network.com/magazin...08/tvo-08g0.htm

and talking of polarisation:

upenn.edu/pennnews/current/feat...5/fisheyes.html

:)

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust