Breezy Weekend ahead?

Chris Plumb

Yes, I'd been watching that......looking good for yet another weathered off shark trip :angry:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I think this one will update every few hours.

at201112_5day.gif

And lest you think it is missing you by a great deal of distance, the storm is pretty large.

at201112_sat.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I think this one will update every few hours.

at201112_5day.gif

And lest you think it is missing you by a great deal of distance, the storm is pretty large.

at201112_sat.jpg

Earlier predictions had it over Scotland on Sunday - now got it 2 days later...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

poxy foreigners sending us their old weather :angry:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

poxy foreigners sending us their old weather :angry:

Let's hope they don't send us the rain as well as the wind.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html

An extreme rainfall event unprecedented in recorded history has hit the Binghamton, New York area, where 7.49" fell yesterday.

This is the second year in a row Binghamton has recorded a 1-in-100 year rain event; their previous all-time record was set last September, when 4.68" fell on Sep 30 - Oct. 1, 2010.

Records go back to 1890 in the city.

The skies have now cleared in Binghamton, with this morning's rain bringing the city's total rainfall for the 40-hour event to 9.02".

However, another large region of rain lies just to the south in Pennsylvania, and all of the rivers in the surrounding region are in major or record flood.

The Susquehanna River at Binghamton is at 25.18', its highest level since records began in 1847, and is expected to overtop the flood walls protecting the city this afternoon.

In Hershey, Pennsylvania, Swatara Creek is 18' over flood stage, and more than 8' above its record flood crest.

Widespread flash flooding is occurring across the entire area, and over 125,000 people have been evacuated from their homes.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

As of today

Hurricane Katia

Hurricane Katia brushed by Newfoundland, Canada this morning, and is now racing east-northeast at 52 mph into the open Atlantic. With water temperatures 19°C (66°F) underneath it, Katia has lost its tropical characteristics, and has transitioned to a powerful extratropical storm. Extratropical Storm Katia will continue east-northeastward towards Europe, and on Monday, the storm will pass very close to northern British Isles.

The offshore waters of Northern Ireland and Western Scotland can expect storm-force winds of 50 - 60 mph on Monday as Katia roars past to the north. The storm will bring 2 - 4 inches of rain to the coast, and likely cause significant tree damage and power failures.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote..An extreme rainfall event unprecedented in recorded history has hit the Binghamton, New York area, where 7.49" fell yesterday.

This is the second year in a row Binghamton has recorded a 1-in-100 year rain event; their previous all-time record was set last September, when 4.68" fell on Sep 30 - Oct. 1, 2010.

Records go back to 1890 in the city.

The skies have now cleared in Binghamton, with this morning's rain bringing the city's total rainfall for the 40-hour event to 9.02". Unquote

I see the american have now joined the British in the ridiculous practise of mixing up imperial and metric systems......What exactly is "9.02 inches"? or "4.68 inches"???? nonsense :rolleyes: