So how did we all get on???

Ed_P

Well, first day is over, did we all get what we were after? i got a 2lb eel-first fish of the season , a 2lb tench and loads of perch and roach. but still no big bream. :( so let me know how you lot got on.

Ed

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a mate went out on our boat spinning for the day, we had 15 pike and 1 perch between us, the biggest being 5lb. :P

although nothing big it was great to finally be back out on the river, and the jacks do put up a great fight. :):)

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

A modest start to the river coarse season - took a load of slugs and snails down to the Medway - just a couple of medium-sized chub (best 2 lb)

Nice to be chub-fishing again, but the big 'uns will have to wait, as the barbel circuit have been bivvied up in all the best chub swims since Saturday! The bivvie boys are usually gone by July tho'

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Enjoyable start despite the sweltering heat - a brace of 2lb crucians each to me and Paul, ensured honours were even and that we both went home happy!

Chris

[ 17. June 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

On the Beult at Headcorn, where I had pre-baited all last week and the 2 of us had quite a tally.

4 Bream between 3lb and 5lb

1 Tench at just over 2lb. Most unusual to catch that small in this river.

Many Roach up to 3/4lb

An assortment of smaller Rudd, Skimmers, Hybrids, Bleak, Dace and 1 small Perch.

Also hooked and lost a pretty big eel (can they bite through braid because I can't) and a 5lb+ Pike that picked up a maggot and caster bait, reaked havoc in the swim for 5 mins and then bit through the line.

It got to hot by about 10.30 so came home.

All in all a good start and boy did I sleep last night.

An Economist: Someone who sees something working in practice and trys to see if it will work in theory!!!!!!

Sunburned, bitten to death by mozzies and hung-over, but happy as Larry.

Between two of us, we caught six tench with three over 5lbs (best 5lbs 10oz) as well as six perch, best two weighing 2lbs 2oz and 2lbs 6oz and a couple of lovely rudd (best 1lb 15oz).

The tench were fizzing like crazy.

Hasta la vista

Jason

Also well frazzled by the Sun and all for 3 Chublets and a bleak....

Paul

unfortunately, my plans were scuppered, however did get on the bank last night with a few tins of sweetcorn, and some pellets. sat back with a pint from the conti. and watched it turn into a jacuzzi - think I'll do the same tonight - tomorrow I'll fish it - there were loads topping :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

For the last few weeks I have had the pleasure of almost having all my club waters to my self and catching nicely.

Popped down three of the lakes last night and they were packed with the TRADITIONALISTS.

They had all caught nicely and I saw a disabled lady catch a nice 6lb bream from under her feet.

Hopefully I will have a few evening sessions this week.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!