Ultimate camo

Ken L

All,

I think you are mostly hypocrites. On the subject of coarse fish angling you are, by and large a group of individual persons who pretend to have virtues, moral or self righteous beliefs and principles based on not much more than tradition. I like that. Everyone needs someone to pat them on their back so they don't have to break an arm doing it themselves. They are just fish.

Certainly, if you knew, as Emma two did, the phycological value of "invincibility and confidence" in warfare (and angling I suppose) you would have understood her post perfectly. It would take a pretty "thin skin" to read into her post a "like or dislike" for camo. I like camo, although I don't have any. For sure you can't deny it is a "self identifying" aspect of any particular angler.

Wotnob,

I can't do "little faces", I'm not smart enough on this infernal machine. Consider every period in every one of my posts a smiley face. I fish for pleasure, and I especially like to fish with likeminded anglers. To disagree on the bank sitting side by side or on the internet is going to be fun. I shall accept no less. If angling is so serious it looses that purpose someone needs to "get a life" If, on the other hand, you are in the industry to make a living you should preface your posts with the idea you are bias and have a commercial interest in the outcome.

Phone

Edit: Ha ha, I will leave it for your amusement - I misspelled "psychological" although the word I used, if it is a word, must have some magnificant deep seated meaning.

Edited by Phone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to many fora that I drop in on this one is by and large polite and articulate with a good mix of topics.

I don't recognise the problem that some seem to have. It is much less argumentative than it used to be.

like John I don't consider my fishing to be "interesting" enough to write about at length.

I have taken a fair amount of abuse on here over the years and handed a good bit out as well. I hope the forum doesn't become over moderated for the sake of a few.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Androo,

You ask, """I can't remember the last really good fishing-related topic on here. Can you?"""

The responses by the experts begin, “how stupid (implied), the answer to that should be intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer”. Followed by one member confirmation – then another. I have read quite a few “old threads” before I impose a fishing question, either about angling culture and equipment or about species specific angling. You seem fearful of one another's toes and the possible issues of “fundamental” differences. You will argue ad nauseam about the merits of 2 vs 3 lb line. Never it seems about the possibility of a “fundamental change” or approach to angling. You'’re (old members) not changing and anyone who considers doing so is - - - - - well - - - - just is.

How do you expect to have "what you ask for" when your mind is already made up?

Phone

Edited by Phone

Compared to many fora that I drop in on this one is by and large polite and articulate with a good mix of topics.

I don't recognise the problem that some seem to have. It is much less argumentative than it used to be.

like John I don't consider my fishing to be "interesting" enough to write about at length.

I have taken a fair amount of abuse on here over the years and handed a good bit out as well. I hope the forum doesn't become over moderated for the sake of a few.

That sums up my views too. and like you I have taken some flack, specifically of a deeply personal nature a few years ago. However I have only got angry at a post once, and that was an incident of racism, once again a few years ago, my response to that earned me a weeks banishment and I remain unrepentent.

I think that I contribute to the 'mix', I know that I have recently offered advice on pure fishing, in areas where I feel that my imput might be useful. Overwhelmingly I don't post in most threads as the subject matter is beyond my experience, and/or interest.

I agree with John (Gozzer) who says, 'things can be discussed in an adult manner, and to me that includes being able to accept a bit of ridicule, as well as dishing it out.'.

There is a danger that challenges to the accepted 'wisdom' become seen as threats and disruption, but its these challenges which have become the agents of progress. Imagine how our ideas and ideals would have been recieved by anglers of even a few decades ago.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I fear seeing any angler I know in that although wait a mo I realise what it would be if worn by any of my mates a camoed Mr. blobby. Yuk...

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God