too late for tench

tim d

i was thinking of going fishing for tench tommorow because as tthe weather is still quite warm it was 15c today i thought they might still be biting.

My dad isnt so convienced though, he says because weve already had one minor frost about two weeks ago we wont catch anything.

what do you think?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give it a whirl and suggest you fish deep water. Gravel pits often throw up tench at this time of the year. At Wingham we catch them into November, but then the lake is big and deep and takes longer than usual to cool down.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

They where still catching Tench to 6lb at The Vale the other day.

Mind you the water is pretty deep in places and is tree lined.

I reckon it is still worth a go if most of the water is deeper than 6ft in depth.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I once caught a tench on a bright white flourescent pop-up boilie fished 4 foot off the bottom in 6 foot of water....IN JANUARY when air temps were below freezing.

Tench can, do and will feed all year around.

I use hemp and corn a lot for my winter fishing, and can vouch that tench feed right the way through.

Find them bubbles and find the tench. On a mild day dont discount fishing midwater. It is a myth that tench 'only' feed on the bottom.