barbel at makins

cobra

:o ok now listen i didnt say i agreed with barbel being stocked in still waters i asked a simple question and got abuse. my oppinion on rivers is id love to visit them and fish them but when i phoned certain angling clubs about them i couldnt even get info like where their waters start where near possible parking was, i was going to makins anywayso i thought id fish for all whats in there and was told of the barble didnt catch one so i asked. i also know my spelling wasnt up to much but i thought i wasnt in a english exam. as for the spawning theory they do spawn in stillwaters as shown in angling times last week so that theory is rubbish also if ur not going to fish for anything but native fish check ur history carp aint native to this country but im not going to lower myself to get into an argument i asked a question on a forum got abuse back and didnt deserve it . i take on bored ur advise on where to fish for them but every lake around where i live has been stocked from elsewhere so is not natural and expensive and fully booked for up to a year at weekends and im sorry but some of us work in the week. if someone in the daventry area knows any usefull info of local rivers feel free to let me know as all the info on nene club milton keynes etc is out of date otherwise if you cant be helpfull rather than abusive then do us a favour do reply.

ps this forum used to be good advise (that i will welcome) not an excuse to have a dig at peeps

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o ok now listen i didnt say i agreed with barbel being stocked in still waters i asked a simple question and got abuse. my oppinion on rivers is id love to visit them and fish them but when i phoned certain angling clubs about them i couldnt even get info like where their waters start where near possible parking was, i was going to makins anywayso i thought id fish for all whats in there and was told of the barble didnt catch one so i asked. i also know my spelling wasnt up to much but i thought i wasnt in a english exam. as for the spawning theory they do spawn in stillwaters as shown in angling times last week so that theory is rubbish also if ur not going to fish for anything but native fish check ur history carp aint native to this country but im not going to lower myself to get into an argument i asked a question on a forum got abuse back and didnt deserve it . i take on bored ur advise on where to fish for them but every lake around where i live has been stocked from elsewhere so is not natural and expensive and fully booked for up to a year at weekends and im sorry but some of us work in the week. if someone in the daventry area knows any usefull info of local rivers feel free to let me know as all the info on nene club milton keynes etc is out of date otherwise if you cant be helpfull rather than abusive then do us a favour do reply.

ps this forum used to be good advise (that i will welcome) not an excuse to have a dig at peeps

:o oops there i go again sorry i meant dont reply and shame on me my spelling again but hey this aint a english class ... or is it?

Cobra

Give me a cpl of weeks we'll buy either Vauxhall or MKAA books and we'll go together. I live in daventry and have a van so can get all the gear in. I know radwell and sharnbrook quite well.( was on Vauxhall committee for 6 years before i moved) Still learning MK waters and havnt got out so far this year as much as i would like.

Edited by terry t shirt

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Cobra

Give me a cpl of weeks we'll buy either Vauxhall or MKAA books and we'll go together. I live in daventry and have a van so can get all the gear in. I know radwell and sharnbrook quite well.( was on Vauxhall committee for 6 years before i moved) Still learning MK waters and havnt got out so far this year as much as i would like.

:D:D:D:D that sounds excellent

Guest Rabbit

Abuse, thats a laugh you havn't had abuse Cobra, what you had was replies regarding the ethics of stocking barbel in a still water. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and check out the rivers in your area and you will see for yourself the possibilities, for you live on the doorstep of perhaps the best barbel river in the country and holder of the barbel record.

Unless you walk the bank's look and observe you wiil never understand what I am trying to say. no good asking peeps about what they know, and expect them to cough up a lifetimes knowledge on here, in a paragraph, it won't work, even if they were prepared to do so.

Believe me barbel fishing on a river is the ONLY way to fish for them.

Right, it's not an English spelling exam, but it does help to occasionally to check for spelling grammar errors, believe I need to...... text speak aaaaagggghhhh

Cobra

Way to go..

Guest Rabbit
I think I can

There is enough documented evidence from those commercials that have stocked barbel to prove the existence of BABY barbel in their waters, wonder where they came from, did the magic fairy come down in the middle of the night and sprinkle fairy dust to produce those little barble that anglers catch or do you think its possible that (ssh keep it quiet now) the resident barbel in those commercials have actually spawned and are happy(whatever thats supposed to mean)

Try not to give fish human traits and treat them for what they really are, just fish with no sense of conscience or thinking ability other than that of feeding and swimming, reflex creatures without souls

Really? The magic fairy must have blinded you..

Barbel Society reckon that barbel cannot spawn in still water. perhaps the little barbel those so called anglers caught were gudgeon :lol:

Guest Rabbit
If so then the gudgeon record will be well over a pound, some fish that

Hardly proof on your claim that barbel are breeding in still water, and lets face it's a huge claim that will fly in the face of what is believed to be the case that barbel cannot breed in still water.

Perhaps you could also explain that why if the barbel is so well adapted in it's physical shape ie wedge shaped head torpedo like body to live in flowing water, why can it be reasonable to expect the species to live in a still water.? The fish is unique, I cannot think of another freshwater fish so perfectly adapted to a particular environment.

Edited by Rabbit

Knock knock is there anyone in, the lights are on but I don't think anyones at home

There seems to be only one opinion that seems to count in your very strange world so everyone else's opinion therefore must be wrong , very odd, whats odder is the fact that if the argument doesnt fit you seem intent on twisting peoples words to suit an opinion you hold and responding to questions and opinions that never get uttered by anyone else but yourself

You see thats what makes things in angling interesting its all about opinions and respecting the rights of others to post theirs without abuse or ridicule

I won't be responding any further as you clearly have a closed mind and a very narrow opinion that does'nt allow sensible debate or discussion