Fair Cop, Or Rough Justice?

Elton

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So none of you have had 2 rods out when a carp comes slurping round the margins?

You didn’t think, ‘Hmmm I could plop a floater in the edge without disturbing the swim, if I had to wind in one of the other rods that’ll spook the slurper for sure?’

I think the extra licence is poor value if you’re only likely to be catching silver fish for bait on your pike rods etc.

Surely the EA should be pursuing unlicensed anglers and polluters rather than those who have already paid up.

Would a “if you haven’t got a 2nd licence, don’t use more than 2 rods, and don’t do it again” not sufficed?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

But surely using two rods is wrong!!!!

I remember posting here a while back, ref: a dead bait line for Pike and a normal line for silver fish. I was shot down by the pike police. A run on the pike line would have taken preference of course. Some of you guys are saying this guy was harshly treated, yet I was fishing legally and got slated.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

The EA should produce one license for 1, 2 or 3 rods with the cost at £11, £22 and £33. Anyone fishing 3 rods actually pays for 4 rods, but can't use 4. It's a rip off.

The bloke got what he deserved - it is people who break serious laws that don't get punishments befitting their crimes.And that is distinctly more annoying than the 4th rod issue.

Why have a law if it is not enforced ?

If the guy is a true angler ,he knew very well what he was doing, FAIR COP.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

JonHedges:

The EA should produce one license for 1, 2 or 3 rods with the cost at £11, £22 and £33. Anyone fishing 3 rods actually pays for 4 rods, but can't use 4. It's a rip off.

The bloke got what he deserved - it is people who break serious laws that don't get punishments befitting their crimes.And that is distinctly more annoying than the 4th rod issue.

i think you mentioned this before and i think it is a great idea, i rarely use two rods at a time and feel, as has been said before i am supplementing carp and pike anglers. Pay for what you use i say

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

since i ditched the carp rods and the pod (best thing i ever did) i only ever use one rod, £11 sounds good to me