Climate Change

wunnus

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Crawford said - We have a good choice, death by glaciation, polarity change, rising seas, lack of oil for heating, fuel, lubrication, industry, food, water supply, sanitation, electricity, clothes, and medicines - not to mention false teeth or glasses.

I laugh at these petty concerns, it's the giant asteroids that worry me.

dogger:

... I laugh at these petty concerns, it's the giant asteroids that worry me.

It's the hostile beings living on them that worry me. They probably have the very latest in death ray guns or 'enslave the natives' gas bombs.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The spelling was fun to play with.

The US Govt. is trying to reduce pollution with stricter regulations but we are only doing fairly well in a few areas and poorly in others.

I think anyone with half a brain has to be worried but not sure if there is a good fix that would be accepted unless conditions dictate no other choices.

I think the global recduction in green stuff worries me the most though. Between loss of forest and loss of microscopic ocean plants, we (global we) aren't doing well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

trent.barbeler:

Dear Phil,

"Atlantic Conveyor" I know about that one.

Thats what Birds Eye fish fingers come flying down. Not so clever after all are ya!

Regards,

Lee.

Err….. well no not really Lee! As a onetime Employee of Unilever, they own the Captain BTW! It’s the cod fillets (Well it was until the cod ran out, it probably Coley now or something similar.) that came down the Conveyor. The fingers were all the scrapping ups that never made it to the Conveyor mate!

So who’s the clever one now? :D:D:D

phil h.

I agree with Newt.

The even worse bit is that perfectly good timber is being burnt.... :confused:

Still Arnie will sort em out

AND he will be back.

"Muddlin' along"

apperantly a true story.... let me begin with giving you a picture of what happend you see mercedes have a large open car park for the new oooooooohhhhh cars and one day the big fella upstairs deceide to have a massive hail storm. and in the process of this hail storm.the cars out in the open from ooooooooohhhhhh mercedes had all the paint stripped off from the large hail stones so they decided to have a plane drop large chemicals over the area of there carp park and factorys to dispurse the clouds now if that isnt messing with mother nature and disturbing the actual process then what is.now i aint no scientist but i gotta brain and that tells me there something gonna go wrong somewhere along the line now i know the chinese and americans oh those americans have been messing with the clouds and the storms with some massive projects to try and distrubt or actualy even dispurse a storm :D:D:D:D erm intresting thoughts as to what has benn messed with as you all know the unatural weather that has caused floods land slides earhquakes and so on are now becoming a little to often in places where they shouldnt be. only food for thought this chaps but hay what do we :rolleyes::):)

fishing guide for catfish and carp

monkeyboy:

Newt your right about russia and china. If they had the money the world would be a scary place to live!

But im afraid that in the world of oil and pollution money speaks volumes!

Sorry about the spellings.

I think you will find China has plenty of money.

Over 50% of world trade is with China.

The Chinese buy more oil from the Arabs than the yanks.

The Chinese have high pollution levels which are probably worse than the Usa as they wont let anyone monitor the levels.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It doesn't really matter who's doing it though. Collectively the human race is, in my opinion, rapidly destroying this planet. We are simply conning ourselves when we try to argue that it will be OK and the world has suffered worse etc.

I doubt we'll wake up and act until things get much, much worse. I have no idea when this might me - 10 years time or 100 years time, but we are bound to get there one day.