Worst waste of money

Pangolin

Worst buy.... without a doubt, Ron Thompson energy flyline.... the nearest thing you can ever get to a coiled spring.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following on from Malevans' thread, what single purchase do you consider your worst waste of money, when buying tackle? Mine has to be a Mitchell 624 boat reel, which I bought in the early 80s, for a Plymouth wreck-fishing trip that never happened, because the weather turned nasty. I tried it as a pike reel, but couldn't cast deadbaits without getting overruns. It never caught a fish... and was eventually sold for a fiver! I could add to that a number of very expensive lures that have been lost on the first cast, but that's just part of the lure-fishing game!

Hi, the 624 must be one of the most used, abused reel on the sea fishing market. They are bomb proof with only one piece of spring metal within them that is subject to rust. Even today i have grabbed hold of them to find that they are still silky smooth in their actions. They are also robust enough to catch practiclly anything in the uk waters. I have just sold one on ebay for forty quid. Worth every penny as it could last a lifetime.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The Masterline reel and the Okuma lookalike, unless they have changed things, had, or have, an anti reverse thingy that rusts, other than that not a bad bit of kit. Just don't expect them to last for ever but I had one and it took a hammering, until anti reverse seized. Okay for the money, unless you pay full whack. When you can pick a brand new ABU up off e-bay for £70.00 I know which I'd rather have!

At £1.60 Angling Times must now be the biggest waste of money out there!

Edited by Peter Waller

Needle floats, Hook tyers and the Chub bag I purchased for a more roving style of fishing after a day with Tony U fishing the beult and wondered why I attempted to carry as much as I could ( just in case!) and Tony coped admirably with a small bag , fold up stool and one rod and net. So swore I would lighten my load and I must have kitted it out with duplicate tackle and re-organised at least twice but have still not joined the club and have not used the bag!! <_<

Probably my pair of youngs "BJ" centrepins.

I suspect that a pair of Okumas would be just as good for 1/3 of the price, they just don't look as pretty!

Mat

Funny you should say that Matt thats exactly what I did I got rid of my BJ and bought a pair of Okumas..as working tools they are better!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Leeda 2XL carp rod! these things are terrible, whatever the cost dont buy one. Well only buy one if you like fishing with a broom handle that has a terribly finished paint job and 2 of the eyes were solid with clear plastic meaning you couldnt thread the line! WASTE OF MONEY!

Leeda 2XL carp rod! these things are terrible, whatever the cost dont buy one. Well only buy one if you like fishing with a broom handle that has a terribly finished paint job and 2 of the eyes were solid with clear plastic meaning you couldnt thread the line! WASTE OF MONEY!

Ive got 3 of the 2xl carp rods and 2xl reels which ive had for 2 years now, havent had a bother with them. Ive used them dozens of times and the paint job on them is still perfect so u must have just had a bad one. Ive recommended them to some people and me mate has 4 for just over a yea now and had no trobles either.

84854438.png