too much pressure

zedhead

jeepster:

why don't you stop piking then zed? or do you have more of a right to fish for pike than these pesky newcomers?

as for reading pike and predators, i'd rather stick needles in my eyes! seldom has such terrible writing been published. i can't believe that people pay to read that rubbish. mind you, one look at their forum will give you a clue as to their target audience. more rods than braincells.

'ark at you,you can bloody talk!

[ 13. September 2005, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read the above, most opinions have been made and I won't bother to ad to them apart from to say that I think Peter W is right, but at the same time it's funny reading some of the above when there have been many other threads saying how nice it is that lots of people are enjoying fishing nowadays.

Also an idea for Zed...

Zedhead - Have you tried pike fishing in canals? A lot of people dismiss canals as matchman territory, but I have enjoyed both good piking and Carping on the Kennet and Avon canal.

Also, I know of a few spots on the Grand Union too, and there must be loads more. These places won't be full of pike fishermen, and if passing barges are the worry: a) there aren't that many in the deadbaiting period, and B) a backlead soon sorts the problem out, so you won't have to reel in.

The narrow-ness of a canal also means accuracy of casting increases, and there are usually loads of prey-fish about.

I am sure you might have thought of this, so sorry if teaching you to suck eggs.

Good luck on finding peace on the bank!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Ratty Fitzpatrick46:

Ratty Fitzpatrick46:

why don't you stop piking then zed? or do you have more of a right to fish for pike than these pesky newcomers?

as for reading pike and predators, i'd rather stick needles in my eyes! seldom has such terrible writing been published. i can't believe that people pay to read that rubbish. mind you, one look at their forum will give you a clue as to their target audience. more rods than braincells.

????

boozle bear,

Thankyou for input and very nicely put. Unfortionately i do fish canals and rivers, lakes, drains,broads and reservoirs. canals make up about 30%of the venues i fish after drains and rivers. However i have not yet really tried to find less pressured parts of various canals and i may well have to look into this.

Cheers zed

as some of you know im starting pike fishing this winter as ive asked for advice on rod's & i thank you all for your advice & support. i will be fishing with some one who knows what he is doing (i dont cos ive never done it before) but surely this dosen't mean i can't learn at least i know enough not to put long lines out all night for pike, duck's, swan's, & any other poor bugger comming down river then sell what ive caught. i will be doing what ive done for years lift out of water put on unhooking mat remove hook's & return safely back. so why do i feel bad now about taking up pike fishing. but im still going bugger zed head thank you & good-night

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

merlino,

im not trying to disaude newcomers from taking up pike fishing and theres no reason to feel bad about anything, pike fishing is very addictive, just that pike used to be targeted by a minority where as now its more like the majority and the sport has suffered as a consequence. Tight lines to you and its very good that your going with an experienced angler.

it's a funny old thing, this 'too many people fishing in my spots and for my fish' arguement, and it just doesn't stand up to any scrutiny, if no new pike anglers (using pike as an example, but it's just as true for any other fish) come through, then pike fishing will stagnate and not develop as new minds won't be fishing. sure, zed will be able to fish his old spots without interference, but with fewer anglers, angling will become even more marginalised, and in these 'ban everything' times we need present some sort of united front. peter says these views aren't selfish, for once i have to disagree with peter, what else are they? fishing is for everyone and it's what you make it. i've stopped fishing the pressured waters in my area, (which i see is me doing all i can do to ease pressure on these waters) and i'm making an effort to seek out new spots, and it's working, a day spent walking the river with one rod or fishing an estate lake that few people know about can only be a good thing.

i did think about holding an olive branch out to zed, and invite him out fishing with me, (he only lives about 20 miles from me) but when i reread the posts above and saw the vehement way he responded to my light hearted comment i changed my mind. you're on your own mate, well you would be if you knew where to go to get away from people

jeepster:

jeepster:

jeepster:

????
why you knocking it?

nothing wrong with pike and predators mag...how many other pred mags are ther aout there?????

alot on the forum buy the mag, alot dont, shows how much you know mate....very little...i have seen you sign in on there now and again pop up and make silly comments..no wonder you dont go on there anymore jeepster.

there is alot of messing about on theer but wait until the season starts,it will get a little more serious then.

for beginners its probably one of the best introductiuons,apart from joining the PAC and checking out there website of course,new blood should be encourgaed and maybe teh succesfull anglers can show the beginners the way and install the secrte of keeping your productive spots quite. :D

[ 13. September 2005, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

do you want to know why i am knocking the magazine or the forum?

the forum because it's full of idiots who struggle to string three words together, and jump on anyone who dare call soft plastic baits rubber, or ask a question that's been asked before or say anything not in line with the booze fueled rants on there

the magazine because it's badly written and produced (with the exception of your contributions of course peter ) and seems a total waste of money. you're right of course there aren't any other uk predator magazines around, that doesn't mean i have to read that rubbish though.

why does the fact that, and i quote 'alot on the forum buy the mag, alot dont' show how much i know? i never assumed that everyone on the forum reads the magazine or vice versa, however the two are inextricably linked, and that may i say shows how much you know, and may i quote again? 'very little'