This years targets.

tomhaggett

A 3lb+ perch and a 6lb+ eel.

Budgie - you seem to be talking "eels" a lot. Maybe I should try to get on the Wingham Fish In this year and you could give me some pointers B)

I'll be the one in the £20 pop up tent.

Snoring!

Yes I've neglected them a bit in recent years so going to do a bit more this year.Fits in nicely with my health problems as well. Only really needs 4-5 hours concentrated effort then I'm free to wind in and get some proper sleep so I'm fresh the next day for my baillifing duties.Works out well when we have fish ins at Wingham and we are at our busiest.

A full nights breaming followed by early morning till miday tenching leaves me pretty shattered and all though Im fishing longer hours Im not fishing so effectively.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A 1lb dace, been stuck on 14oz for years!...shark on fly (got weathered off on all 5 shark trips last year :angry: ), but, generally, a peaceful year of fishing quiet waters :)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

To actually get out and fish the rivers again after 2 odd years off.

I shall have at least one weekend on the Broads for Pike before the seasons done and have a couple of goes at a Trout lake in Norfolk which has been unfished for Coarse fish for at least 50 years, we've got permission to fish it, me for the Perch and my mate for the Pike.

I'd like to have go out across the marshes in Norfolk with my spinning rod freelining sprats in the tiny dykes for the jacks and odd reasonable fish. I doubt I'll get one over 5lb's but the weights not important, fishing such tiny little bits of water in the wild surroundings and being constantly surprised at the size of the fish that can be found in 10 inches of weedy dyke is enough for me.

I'd like a Tope off the shore up in N.Norfolk. The 2 or 3 week run of Bass up the Norfolk coast is worth waiting for. That's about all that stands out for me at the mo...

Were abouts would you target a double figure tench around whiltshire area? I can help out with the perch if yoi could help out with the tench.

Some of the pits in Cotswold Water Park have double figure tench. Not that any of them have come my way, but one of the carpers once showed me pictures of three doubles he caught in a session by accident. That was round about when I thought maybe the scaled down carp fishing approach to tenching might have some merit!

I intend to spend more time trying to get a few better fish pictures - not necessarily big fish, but photogenic fish.

Say, good shots of stone and spined loaches, gudgeon and minnows.

Several perch shots to show how fin colour varies from vermilion to crimson.

Some fin-perfect and scale-perfect silver fish.

A few wild trout from various places to show colour variation.

A nice long slim bronze carp from an old woodland pond.

...and so on.

It will mean fishing out-of-the-way spots that rarely see an angler.

If a specimen fish or so comes to net while I am doing it, so much the better.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...