Braid bargains?

AddictedToScopex

Definitely, the more the merrier!

The PP I use for both trotting and lure fishing is bright yellow, so I wouldn't worry about trying to hide it. In fact the reason it's bright yellow is so I can see it easily, which really helps with line control when trotting and bite indication when lure fishing. I'd be interested to hear what others think though?

I've used braid for trotting and i'd prefer mono. I prefer the stretch and abrasive qualities of mono. In my local rivers rocks and sharp objects abound and my line often scrapes over them when playing a fish. I always have a quick check of my line after catching a fish and many times after catching a fish i've had to discard the last few yards of line and re-tie my hook due to the line being frayed on rocks etc. If I used braid i'd be loosing a lot of fish which would be trailing hooks and line.

I've been using the yellow power pro for trotting this season and it's been great to fish with, I make my float rigs up with mono and store them on pole winders so I've got the best of both worlds in the abrasion resistance and elasticity of the mono at the business end and the direct control, visibility and floating properties of the braid.

I wouldn't look beyond Power Pro, been using it for years now in various breaking strains. I've tried several other braids, none of which are a patch on it.

ATS - what you've bought there looks suspiciously like Power Pro. As someone else mentioned there's only a handful of manufacturers so there's a good chance that's exactly what it is!

Edited by Rob Ward

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATS - what you've bought there looks suspiciously like Power Pro. As someone else mentioned there's only a handful of manufacturers so there's a good chance that's exactly what it is!

And at a guess I would say a significant amount cheaper too. I have to say I am very happy with it. So happy in fact that I plan on taking a half day from work today to go and try it out ;)

I will be saving that seller and using them again for sure.

Hadnt heard of that one Budgie. What happened there?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Basicly the people who made it started selling it direct.Bit of a legal battle and it resulted in nothing more than the manufacturers just having to remove the "brand name" the rest of the packaging stayed much the same (hint hint!) A US writer was also taken to court by the wholesaler for spilling the beans on this.................

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Basicly the people who made it started selling it direct.Bit of a legal battle and it resulted in nothing more than the manufacturers just having to remove the "brand name" the rest of the packaging stayed much the same (hint hint!) A US writer was also taken to court by the wholesaler for spilling the beans on this.................

Ah I see. My lips are sealed :P

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk