Any one going to brave the cold this weekend?

Dales

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just arrived at the Lambourn, with the hope of grayling on the fly - if anything will feed in icy water, it's them!

That's what we thought on Friday Steve...but it seems even grayling may have their limit;

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Frome-T...7-entry842.html

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I got bored and went anyway, back to the Evenlode to use up the maggots. The fact I'm posting this from the bank tells you how much action there is! Not one bite, not even a chewed maggot. The river is slightly up from yesterday with a bit more flow - all snow melt and crap off the roads. Still better than sitting in the house though!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

So far, I have hooked three small grayling, one of them in the tail. That one got off, as did one of the others. And I had a scary moment when I found a seriously deep silt bed in a two foot deep river. Going back for another try in a minute - saw a bloke trotting with a nice grayling, and bumped into a kid with a toy rod who said he'd had 15...

Well done Steve! I'm back home in the warm now, chequebook and pen for me today! It was a very worthwhile little session though as I had a very interesting chat to a guy who has been fishing for the Thames roach in the same general area (but a couple of miles away) as me. He's had two roach over 2lb in recent seasons...so the dream of a Thames 2lber is still very much alive.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Got my 'weekend' weds and thurs this week. One will be consumed by fitting rod holders to my 'yak, t'other using it hopefully! Needs to be christened!

Warm up damnit, and stop blowing from Norway!!!

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Well, I went back in for another stab at it, and managed to break the tip of my fly rod! It's on a lifetime guarantee, so I'll end up paying a few quid and getting a new rod couriered to me. Still, very annoying!

Never mind, at least I saw some fish. I tied a load of nymphs on some Veniard hooks, and since then I seem to have been losing more grayling than I land. Time to tie some on Kamasans, I think! Final tally remains hooked three, lost two. Oh, and I had a little out of season brownie too.

Well, I went back in for another stab at it, and managed to break the tip of my fly rod! It's on a lifetime guarantee, so I'll end up paying a few quid and getting a new rod couriered to me. Still, very annoying!

Never mind, at least I saw some fish. I tied a load of nymphs on some Veniard hooks, and since then I seem to have been losing more grayling than I land. Time to tie some on Kamasans, I think! Final tally remains hooked three, lost two. Oh, and I had a little out of season brownie too.

Well done for getting out and giving it a go Steve hope you get your rod sorted .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Sue and I were out on Saturday still water Trout fishing in Devon and very good it was to; we had five fish between 2-3lb in a morning session. All the fish were up in the water despite the cold and were taken on floating lines and demsel nymphs, or olive green lures as I prefer to call them.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.