Any one going to brave the cold this weekend?

Dales

I tried the windrush but it's a sad sight. A trickle over the gravel. If anyone really believes otters are to blame for the river's problems they need new glasses. I then went to the Evenlode and had some nice dace, it was hard work though. I will probably try for the big Thames chub tomorrow but the snow melt will make it hard.

If the windrush is this low now it does not bode well for this summer :( ,The flow looked good on the Thames but temp was only 36.5 and snowmelt salt city

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the windrush is this low now it does not bode well for this summer :( ,The flow looked good on the Thames but temp was only 36.5 and snowmelt salt city

Yes, it's in a bad way now. Another dry summer could be a real disaster. The exposed gravel has been dry for so long now it's all covered in vegetation, effectively narrowing it further and apart from a handful of 'deep' holes of 2-3ft, most of this part of the river is 1ft or less. Yesterday was the first time I've ever blanked there, although I did give it up as a bad job fairly quickly.

The question today is, can I be arsed to go chubbing in really bad conditions!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I am itching to get out after only one session after 16 years and sods law everything is frozen.we have to accept it is Febuary but with predictions of it staying this way for atleast two weeks it's not looking great but hey ho plenty of good fishing later...

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

It would be fine if it would just stay frozen! Snowing late in the week then melting over the weekend is the worst case scenario. Staying mild or cold would be ok.

Been the story most of the winter really.No consistancy at all seems to have messed things up!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hoping to go tomorrow, But depends on if the lake is frozen.

The weather has not dropped below 0 for about 3 days. 5 degrees today and ment to be 7 tomorrow.

So fingers crossed. :)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

It would be fine if it would just stay frozen! Snowing late in the week then melting over the weekend is the worst case scenario. Staying mild or cold would be ok.

Exactly Steve. I think I'm going to be sensible and give it a miss today. The river is not exactly easy even in good weather, I need a break from the punishment!

Soon be fly fishing time :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Just heard that every swim at Wingham seems to be frozen. There's a tiny bit of open water away from the banks on both lakes that the ducks have kept clear. It looks as though it's going to be some time before either lake is fishable, but at least it's a lot better than last year.

However with a fast thaw the ground is going to be pretty squelchy for a while as there's still a lot of lying snow and it was snowing a bit this morning.

Perhaps the best thing about the cold snap is that it may have killed off some of the weed, not to mention biting critters.

Only 6 more weeks until the clocks go forward! :D

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net